Given FB's recent stock prices, I originally had bought some around 100-105, then when it was around 95 or something I loaded up and when it popped last time, I sold it all off at 116 and was waiting to buy back in.
This round, I started nibbling at 110 and had another buy at 105 and a big buy at 105 but those two never came. So I wasn't holding a whole lot really but I prefer to take safer risks if that makes any sense. This morning I cleared my position and sold everything at 121. Bought 110, sold 121, not as much stock as I'd like, but an 11% return and I'm ok with that.
Will FB's shares probably climb a bit higher across the day? I suspect so since it seems to have some momentum, but my strategy is about knowing when to get out and take the money off the table. I have a buy order already set again for 110, same as before. Even if takes weeks or months or never, I don't care, I'll wait and in the meantime there are other companies I can do this with.
Looking forward to seeing what happens with AMZN and LNKD tonight. I originally thought LNKD was going to suck and drop 10-15%, and it may still, but if FB has done well because of advertising, then maybe LNKD has a chance. I'm honestly not too hopeful though. I think LNKD will drop a lot based on the revenue issue but also user growth. Still can't believe I was playing with it from 200-240 a few months ago and thought I was getting a good deal at 180+. Where the hell did 100/share come from, crazy. I guess you just never know. I'm still buying and selling from 110-120 bits and pieces to lower my costs over all but I think I'm still average at like 130-135 or something. Maybe this round will get me out. Hoping it'll drop to 100-110 so I can add a lot and sell when it eventually makes it back to 120/125.
I'm also a little worried about NFLX... Got quite a bit in there, bought heavy at $96, then $94, and if it hits $89 or I'm going in fairly hard and will wait for a recovery. I know they have competition etc and raising prices etc but I still think they're doing great. I also own DIS and will grab AMZN if they drop so sort of hedging the bet with competitors.