or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general - Page 598

post #8956 of 11160
Oh my lawd, the next 48 hours for me will be life changing.

😱😰
post #8957 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Oh my lawd, the next 48 hours for me will be life changing.

😱😰


Get some bad Chipotle?
post #8958 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Oh my lawd, the next 48 hours for me will be life changing.

😱😰

 

Everything is drama with you.

post #8959 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Everything is drama with you.

My livelihood is at stake here.
post #8960 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post


My livelihood is at stake here.

 

Did you stick your dick where it shouldn't have been?

post #8961 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post

Did you stick your dick where it shouldn't have been?

Yis.
post #8962 of 11160
So Shanghai composite shat itself today down 6.4% im guessing that doesn't bode well
post #8963 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

So Shanghai composite shat itself today down 6.4% im guessing that doesn't bode well

Only down 6.4%. Didn't close early. Risk on!
post #8964 of 11160
In 8 hours, I will be feeling ecstatic, meh, or depressed.

😁😑😭
post #8965 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

In 8 hours, I will be feeling ecstatic, meh, or depressed.

😁😑😭

 

Sounds like an interview.  I have turned down a couple recently due to kid #1 due in April and I don't want to rock the boat until I know how life with a child will be.

 

In other news, fvcking home prices are still rising like crazy!  In our zip code, everything is selling in <90 days and within a couple percent of asking unless the house needs torn down in which case sells for less but a McMansion gets built in its place.  I am waiting for someone to knock on our door with a sack of cash then I'll get the hell out of there.

post #8966 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post

Sounds like an interview.  I have turned down a couple recently due to kid #1 due in April and I don't want to rock the boat until I know how life with a child will be.

In other news, fvcking home prices are still rising like crazy!  In our zip code, everything is selling in <90 days and within a couple percent of asking unless the house needs torn down in which case sells for less but a McMansion gets built in its place.  I am waiting for someone to knock on our door with a sack of cash then I'll get the hell out of there.

Nope! AAPL earnings release
post #8967 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post
 

 

Sounds like an interview.  I have turned down a couple recently due to kid #1 due in April and I don't want to rock the boat until I know how life with a child will be.

 

In other news, fvcking home prices are still rising like crazy!  In our zip code, everything is selling in <90 days and within a couple percent of asking unless the house needs torn down in which case sells for less but a McMansion gets built in its place.  I am waiting for someone to knock on our door with a sack of cash then I'll get the hell out of there.

 

Houses around here have been going crazy too.  Well, with winter it has stopped, but I think we're headed to another housing bubble burst.

post #8968 of 11160
Quote:
I think we're headed to another housing bubble burst.

I'm kind of hoping for one since I'm trying to enter the market.
post #8969 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post
 

 

Sounds like an interview.  I have turned down a couple recently due to kid #1 due in April and I don't want to rock the boat until I know how life with a child will be.

 

In other news, fvcking home prices are still rising like crazy!  In our zip code, everything is selling in <90 days and within a couple percent of asking unless the house needs torn down in which case sells for less but a McMansion gets built in its place.  I am waiting for someone to knock on our door with a sack of cash then I'll get the hell out of there.

As someone who wants to buy, wtf is going on. 

 

Honestly the prices in NYC and NJ are insane. Sellers are delusional. You can easily have $2k a month carrying costs not counting the mortgage. Prices are sky rocketing and the flattening yield curve seems to be chipping away at the stagnation of prices. 

 

In a year I've seen Williamsburg go from $750 a sqft to $1300 a sqft. 

 

Frankly based on any reasonable calculation you'd need $250k a year as a household to reasonably afford a 2 bedroom in NYC not in a Co-Op. Move out to the suburbs you'd still need $150k and your carrying costs are higher. This isn't even counting the down payment or high closing costs or 3% NYC tax. Oosten, which is perhaps one of the worst value units I've seen, has only 78 of its 200+ units yet, so clearly someone is throwing down the cash.

 

I don't know that many people outside of finance, medicine or law earning that. Even those I know in those fields have a lot of debt. So who the hell is still buying? 

post #8970 of 11160
Yeah I hope the housing market crashes so I can buy on the cheap.

Of course I'll sell all my stocks before the crash happens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general