or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general - Page 572

post #8566 of 11160
Dang China


Premarket I've bought/added AAPL, NFLX, and DIS. They've been lower, but opening/adding at these prices isn't too bad IMO.

Was tempted to get TSLA when I saw the drop but it's still 230/share and I'm only buying if it hits 220 or under.
Edit - bought some at 220.
Edited by Master-Classter - 1/4/16 at 7:38am
post #8567 of 11160
FML
post #8568 of 11160
Will we see QE4 this year?

lol8[1].gif
post #8569 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

FML

You going to have to sell the m3 after today? Just be thankful you live in a cheap city
post #8570 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

You going to have to sell the m3 after today? Just be thankful you live in a cheap city

Nah. The M3 is actually pretty cheap all things considered. I owned an E60 M5 a couple years back and that thing cost me more than 2x the price. Was also on a much lower salary then too. But getting back to today's losses, I'm actually not as emotionally turmoiled because I've become numb already when AAPL fell throughout the month of December. I just woke up with a groan and under the breath "not this shit again" this morning when I checked the markets.

I'm still around 30% cash so I'm debating whether to buy this dip. I didn't take advantage of the August crash as much because FUD. BTFD always seems to be a winning strategy but with each new crash, "this time feels different."
post #8571 of 11160
Happy New Year!
post #8572 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post


Nah. The M3 is actually pretty cheap all things considered. I owned an E60 M5 a couple years back and that thing cost me more than 2x the price. Was also on a much lower salary then too. But getting back to today's losses, I'm actually not as emotionally turmoiled because I've become numb already when AAPL fell throughout the month of December. I just woke up with a groan and under the breath "not this shit again" this morning when I checked the markets.

I'm still around 30% cash so I'm debating whether to buy this dip. I didn't take advantage of the August crash as much because FUD. BTFD always seems to be a winning strategy but with each new crash, "this time feels different."

 

Majority of the equities are on sale today for the BTFD crowd.  Time to deploy GreenFrog Market Stabilization Fund to good use

post #8573 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Majority of the equities are on sale today for the BTFD crowd.  Time to deploy GreenFrog Market Stabilization Fund to good use

Are you in the BTFD camp?
post #8574 of 11160
post #8575 of 11160

dat TSLA?
post #8576 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

dat TSLA?

What can you do? However, when I bought it, I've also thought about it as at least a 10 year stock. It's an energy company and is structured as such - a couple of their products just happen to be cars. The Model 3 is likely the only car in their pipeline that will affect them in the auto space. The S and X will chug along as a steady revenue stream. The Y will be viewed as a supercar play thing for the rich. However, on the energy side, all roads lead to the Gigafactory, which I don't think people really understand the impact it'll have. /defense smile.gif

Surprisingly or perhaps not so surprisingly, the managed funds are near zero gain/loss. I only told my manager a few things and asked my advisor a few things over the last year and let them run the ship.
post #8577 of 11160

VRX is now 23% of my portfolio. Some serious lack of diversification in my portfolio. 

post #8578 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Great start to 2016.

Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

FML

dat risk reward doe


I'm still holding tight hoping for a bigger drop so I can deploy my capital which is overweight on cash at the moment. One minor exception is that I moved my 2015 Roth IRA into VTI just now.
post #8579 of 11160

I am surprised how quick some companies got out year-end account statements.  We finished 2015 up 1.91%.  Today sucks though.

post #8580 of 11160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post


Are you in the BTFD camp?

 

Add into a few positions, still less than 2/3 invested.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post
 

I am surprised how quick some companies got out year-end account statements.  We finished 2015 up 1.91%.  Today sucks though.

 

That's fast.  I finished last year up a ~7%, down ~0.5% today

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general