or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general - Page 547

post #8191 of 11202
I worked on a deal opposite VRX and have to say they're on my short list of companies that I have no love lost for. I followed the Allergan attempted takeover fairly closely (and it was during that timeframe that I did a deal with them) but otherwise don't know a lot about VRX's business other than the fact that they're obviously very aggressively pursuing revenue growth by M&A. Can anyone really be shocked that they would play fast and loose as suggested by Citron?

I'm not invested in biotech or pharma at all other than through broader market funds and not sure how much more of a drop the industry would need before I dive in. At some point I do think the reaction will be an overreaction and a buying opportunity but have no idea how to gauge that.

Sorry to hear it hits you hard MC. Hopefully you will recover with other stocks or a VRX resurgence.
post #8192 of 11202
RACE?

Whats says everyone?

How is there a downside to this? They have a 2 year waitlist and are recession proof.
post #8193 of 11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblisk View Post

RACE?

Whats says everyone?

How is there a downside to this? They have a 2 year waitlist and are recession proof.

Don't even know what that is, unless it's Data Race, which Google Finance identifies as an OTC stock that is "inactive".
post #8194 of 11202
I think Ferrari is grossly over valued at that price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Don't even know what that is, unless it's Data Race, which Google Finance identifies as an OTC stock that is "inactive".

Ferrari. They went public today.
post #8195 of 11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblisk View Post

RACE?

Whats says everyone?

How is there a downside to this? They have a 2 year waitlist and are recession proof.

 

Don't you think that is already factored into the sales price?

post #8196 of 11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

I think Ferrari is grossly over valued at that price.
Ferrari. They went public today.

Oh, duh. Thanks. Hadn't paid enough attention to know what ticker they were using.

In that case, my response to dj's point is that of course there's a fucking downside, if your question is about buying the stock. Are they a successful company that will still be a successful company two years out and beyond? Of course. But that's an (almost) entirely separate question from whether the price at which the stock is currently being sold is a good value. I've harped on this before, but if people don't understand the difference between a good business and a fairly-valued security, they really shouldn't be investing in individual stocks.

Nothing personal, dj, just a pet peeve.
post #8197 of 11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Oh, duh. Thanks. Hadn't paid enough attention to know what ticker they were using.

In that case, my response to dj's point is that of course there's a fucking downside, if your question is about buying the stock. Are they a successful company that will still be a successful company two years out and beyond? Of course. But that's an (almost) entirely separate question from whether the price at which the stock is currently being sold is a good value. I've harped on this before, but if people don't understand the difference between a good business and a fairly-valued security, they really shouldn't be investing in individual stocks.

Nothing personal, dj, just a pet peeve.

Understood.

I thought it would rather be a fun discussion.
post #8198 of 11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblisk View Post

Understood.

I thought it would rather be a fun discussion.

cheers.gif
post #8199 of 11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblisk View Post

RACE?

Whats says everyone?

How is there a downside to this? They have a 2 year waitlist and are recession proof.

With a 2 year wait list, the only upside to their sales is to make incremental CapEx for capacity expansion.

In other words, there will not be much upside surprise to their revenue.

On the other hand, one could make the argument that potential buyers could park their money with the stock while they wait for their car. :/
post #8200 of 11202
I did a lot of research on the Valeant scandal last night and something fishy is definitely going on with those specialty pharmacies they do business with, but it doesn't scream fraud like the Citron report suggests.

I may buy into VRX. They're already down close to 10% in pre market trading despite analysts saying that there's no fraud going on.

Shit's fucked up no doubt.
post #8201 of 11202
(especially if you started buying at 160-170 shog[1].gif). Eh, c'est la vie. It's just money right? foo.gif

So probably emotional bias but I like LULU, and at around 50 I think it's a good buy. Just incase y'all looking for new companies to check out.
post #8202 of 11202
post #8203 of 11202
Under Armour is down big. For nooooo good reason. I got in at $87 but am thinking of buying more.

KMI raised their dividend again and the stock dropped a bit more. This may also be a good buy.

MO - Altria... I love it... everybody smokes.
post #8204 of 11202

MCD just hit a record high.

post #8205 of 11202
Might gamble on AMZN earnings.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general