or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general - Page 249

post #3721 of 5260
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

Can't tell if your reply is serious, but I've seen a couple of really smart people get completely turned upside down on stupid margin plays.

So I won't harp on it, but idfnl's advice is certainly tempered by experience.

True that. At 25 I had an account COMPLETELY emptied via margin calls.

GF, you're young and willing to take risks, but I strongly advise you to not trade with margin. You are correct, its a matter of when not if. The next market downturn you're leveraged against will settle it.

Margin is a suckers game.
post #3722 of 5260
College I traded on margin with options, up 200% or so with money I earned working high school and freshmen year. Got lucky I suppose though don't do it now that portfolio is much larger
post #3723 of 5260
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

FUUUUUUUCK

I cannot unwind this EPZM trade. I had to triple down once it fell 40% and I can't get it to float again. I don't want to drop anymore money in this, but I'm getting frustrated especially since I could have gotten out even twice already. I'm being a dumbass but I feel like I can turn this into a win and then every day it gets set back. I need to do the smart thing here and just exit. But I wont.

Emotions aside I think stock is a solid bet for next year, debating whether to unload Gilead to buy more. Gilead gains solid but still like company as well

Took my loss on Chegg and SJM today as well think I'm going to buy more Santander
post #3724 of 5260
I'm taking a position in NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) fwiw. Got a tip from someone far more knowledgeable about these things than I am.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stockoptionschannel/2013/11/19/interesting-nxpi-put-and-call-options-for-july-2014/
post #3725 of 5260
Back to back to back to back meetings today.

Sucks when my day job gets in the way of my day trading frown.gif
post #3726 of 5260
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Back to back to back to back meetings today.

Sucks when my day job gets in the way of my day trading frown.gif
Just post your account login deets and we'll trade for you.
post #3727 of 5260
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Back to back to back to back meetings today.

Sucks when my day job gets in the way of my day trading frown.gif

Can I ask which service/brokerage house you go through for your day trading?
post #3728 of 5260
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post

Can I ask which service/brokerage house you go through for your day trading?

Interactive Brokers - who else??
post #3729 of 5260
^^ThinkOrSwim!!! No? Anyone use them?
post #3730 of 5260
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Just post your account login deets and we'll trade for you.

Sure, just make sure to fund my brokerage account.

Minimum deposit of $50,000, biatch. And that's WITH the SF discount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post

Can I ask which service/brokerage house you go through for your day trading?

Fidelity
post #3731 of 5260
Yay my book just arrived! I'm gonna be a day trader too!!erugujah.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3732 of 5260
Some good LEIs today -- very pleased to hear the higher consumer sentiment number. Should be a good retail holiday season.

Pretty happy about AAPL's activity lately, too icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif.

As for today's day trade target: ELTK
post #3733 of 5260
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Some good LEIs today -- very pleased to hear the higher consumer sentiment number. Should be a good retail holiday season.

Pretty happy about AAPL's activity lately, too icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif.

As for today's day trade target: ELTK

HPQ paid off, bought a bit on margin yesterday with all this margin talk icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Sales are crazy this year, don't remember this much since 2011
post #3734 of 5260

Bitcoin over $1,000.  Wonder what the winklevoss's bought it for?  I bet there are a few millionaire kids just hanging out after spending $20 on some a while ago.

post #3735 of 5260
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post

Bitcoin over $1,000.  Wonder what the winklevoss's bought it for?  I bet there are a few millionaire kids just hanging out after spending $20 on some a while ago.

They'll hold it too long and lose most of it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general