or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general - Page 116

post #1726 of 4973
Yeah, supply and demand.

All I ask BoA in return for my brilliant idea, is to not prosecute me when I show up to the rubble looking for copper and fixtures smile.gif
post #1727 of 4973
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

w00t...running strong into the last hour, resistance ~ 4.63, now at 4.77. A close at this level would make the breakout official. Breaking out of a golden cross, pennant, and 6 month reverse head and shoulders....chart is looking beautiful here.
A close at 5 dollars is going to cause one hell of a short squeeze as well, not even counting the fact that 5 dollars a share seems to be the magic price to bring in institutional investors (this is already 70% inst owned), and this sucker is already on the Russ 2k.
My Explorer blew a rod Friday, and I can't see spending more on an engine than what the car is worth, so I was really sweating how tight things would be me buying a new car this weekend. My fears are now alleviated heh.

You know this stock much better than me, but when I feel I have had my fill I sell and let the profit ride.
post #1728 of 4973
I'm just itching to get into QPSA too before the big FB IPO
post #1729 of 4973
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

+1, a world of headaches this seems like it would be.
I'm to the point now thinking, just foreclose on the bitches and doze them over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

Yeah, supply and demand.
All I ask BoA in return for my brilliant idea, is to not prosecute me when I show up to the rubble looking for copper and fixtures smile.gif

haha

I think the winners in the bank renting will be the repair companies that get the contracts for fixing stuff. they already can milk money out of stingy owners of rental homes, they'll charge an arm and a leg from bofa
post #1730 of 4973
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

I'm just itching to get into QPSA too before the big FB IPO

What are your plans for the FB IPO?
post #1731 of 4973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesta View Post

What are your plans for the FB IPO?

To be holding QPSA as a proxy trade.

Kind of my thinking buying GLUU in anticipation of Zynga going public.

Love the sector, but wouldn't want to own FB or ZNGA.
post #1732 of 4973
One of my biopharm speculative plays popped today:

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:ARNA

2.41
+0.37 (18.14%)
After Hours: 2.45 +0.04 (1.66%)

Up 37% since Monday.
post #1733 of 4973
Good job. You must have nerves of steel for bio spec. Holding Amarin since last year has been gut wrenching for me.

Funny thing is...the action on ACTC hasn't phased me at all. I guess I'm a true believer?
post #1734 of 4973
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

Good job. You must have nerves of steel for bio spec. Holding Amarin since last year has been gut wrenching for me.
Funny thing is...the action on ACTC hasn't phased me at all. I guess I'm a true believer?

I use less than 10% of my $ for speculation. Some good some bad.

I dumped ZGNX which turned out to be a total piece of shit recently, lost 18% on its crap earnings.
post #1735 of 4973
50% of my.portfolio goes to speculation. But im 23 and have a pretty high risk tolerance.
post #1736 of 4973
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

50% of my.portfolio goes to speculation. But im 23 and have a pretty high risk tolerance.

I was that way then also. Spread it around among a group. The chances that a single stock explodes are pretty small. I didnt do that and lost regularly.
post #1737 of 4973
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

50% of my.portfolio goes to speculation. But im 23 and have a pretty high risk tolerance.

That's crazy. I'm 21 and have like 10% max in speculation. I do some derivatives as well but not that much
post #1738 of 4973
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

That's crazy. I'm 21 and have like 10% max in speculation. I do some derivatives as well but not that much


I see no reason not to raise it. All you need is one big hit to double your portfolio, you have decades to make it back if you lose it.
post #1739 of 4973
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I see no reason not to raise it. All you need is one big hit to double your portfolio, you have decades to make it back if you lose it.

Yeah, main issue is that I don't have enough time to make educated speculation decisions. Will probably bump it up to 25-30% this summer once I graduate. Pretty much just reading analyst reports right now for equity and quick overview of economic numbers. Haven't traded many derivaties recently though. I'm not leveraged at all so I may bump that up a bit as well so I only use 10% but would be exposed to more risk / return.
post #1740 of 4973
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

To be holding QPSA as a proxy trade.
Kind of my thinking buying GLUU in anticipation of Zynga going public.
Love the sector, but wouldn't want to own FB or ZNGA.

Javyn, may be a dumb question, but what are your reasons for wanting to buy QPSA? Just hoping for a pop in the whole social network area?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general