Pretty damn well. I have plenty of $ but hold it very tightly... Otherwise I would not have plenty of $.
I have a process where at each step every prospective cop might be aborted or stalled. At first we have the incubation phase. This can take anywhere from 1 day to 5 years.
- discovery (sf.net, all the stupid blogs I read, music videos/movies, street)
- admiration (appreciating the item from afar)
- desire (wanting the item for myself)
even if the item is a pair of vans I think very hard about buying and if I actually need it.
- research (who the maker is, history of the item)
- justification (why the item is worth the $, how it will make my life better. I actually up-sell myself during this process)
- assurance (part of justification, but moreso confirming that the shoe fits IRL/other reviews have been positive)
- shopping around (getting to know the price point)
and at this point I'm ready. Just catch me in the right mood, put the right sale on; if there's a real functional need for it, I throw down no problem.