• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

barbour x tokito sizing

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
anyone know the deal? looking to pick up the horse riding jacket, need to know if I should go with a M or L - usually a 40r. also why don't we have a barbour tokito thread?

husbands

Reaction score
that's kinda borderline but I'd go with a M for a tighter fit, L for a looser one. That jacket looks good tighter, IMO, so maybe M. I currently have the sage bicycle jacket and I love it - it is more versatile than the horse riding jacket, and the windskirt is much appreciated when you are actually on a bike. next season looks great: http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/...kihito-yoshida I dunno if I'd need to move this to the B&S threads but: I am actually looking to sell a almost brand new with tags brown horse riding jacket from last year's collection in size S if anyone is interested. $175 and pm for pictures.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
how slim is a m in the shoulders? I have big shoulders and would want something I could layer. the bike jacket is a little too 'practical' for me, especially since I don't ride

husbands

Reaction score
ah I have no idea on measurements. if you want to layer I'd probably go large, and the shoulders are definitely much narrower on the to ki to than other barbour so maybe that is the way to go. also the new motorbike shirt jacket is vastly better than last years:
15-01-2011_barbourtokihito_shirtjkt_olive_large.jpg

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember debating between S or M in BxT (didn't buy though) and I'm a 36. You can look at measurements for different jackets in the line on Oi Polloi, which show the bicycle in L has a 23" p2p, which is the same as a S in most regular Barbour jackets (which surprising fit me alright with 10" of chest clearance).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
anyone know the deal? looking to pick up the horse riding jacket, need to know if I should go with a M or L - usually a 40r. also why don't we have a barbour tokito thread?

Buy it. Buy the **** out of it. I love this jacket.

We're about the same size and I got a medium. It's a good, overall slim fit that's slimmer than the usual Barbour.

And it's incredible how much better this thing is in person. The crazy product photos don't show you the real shape of it. When it's on, it has a modified M65 shape. It's the best barbour product that I've seen.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think 40 is an L if you have any intention of wearing anything more than a shirt underneath. I'm a 42 and the XL feels perfect and snug if I'm layering stuff under it.

GlenCoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet

+1000

I believe this is M,
just to get the idea how these fit on a person

165513138thickbox.jpg

165513139thickbox.jpg

dfagdfsh

Reaction score

We're about the same size and I got a medium. It's a good, overall slim fit that's slimmer than the usual Barbour.

And it's incredible how much better this thing is in person. The crazy product photos don't show you the real shape of it. When it's on, it has a modified M65 shape. It's the best barbour product that I've seen.

hm.. this makes me want to grab the M. can you layer at all?

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second the praise of the Horse riding jacket - just got mine and its fantastic - i also have the new quilted jacket form this seasons line and its great - the green one.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
Do you guys have the waxed version or the one on OC?

I have the waxed version and its great, ill get around to some fit pics in a few days of both of my barbour x tokito jackets

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the xxl in the bicycle, it fits just right in the shoulders and is a bit big across the chest. I wear a 44R suit, XL in most outerwear.

Anyone check out those non-waxed jackets (like on the OC sale) and care to comment? Wondering what those are like in person.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one of the OC ones - completely different animal from waxed cotton - same cut but raingear material, very light. I like mine in dark brown. Has some sheen to it but it works well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads