• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Man of Steel (2013)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Henry Cavill, 27, best known for playing Charles Brandon on Showtime’s The Tudors, has been cast as Clark Kent/Superman in the new Superman movie to be directed by Zack Snyder, Warner Bros. announced today. “In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen,” Snyder says in the release. “I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and S shield.” The film is expected to hit theaters in December 2012. David S. Goyer is writing the script, based on a story by Goyer and Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight and Inception, who is among the movie’s producers.
via EW.com
Henry-Cavill-Superman_510.jpg

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I will wait to see him in costume to pass judgement.

animeman05

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Should have been Jon Hamm! However, it will be interesting to see how the Team of Snyder and Christopher Nolan work together.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
so wait... is this a reset of the supes story? or is this connected to the bryan singer superman movie? does he still have a son here? or a lois lane with a forehead you could land a small plane with?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last dude they had could have been a good Superman if he was provided with a non-****** script.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is part of the reason why they moved my uncle Mike Carlin to Burbank...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmadha
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Should have been Jon Hamm! However, it will be interesting to see how the Team of Snyder and Christopher Nolan work together.
Dude's too old. I saw this photo and I have to admit I can kinda see the right look here:
Henry-Cavill-henry-cavill-8869929-500-333.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Photoshop of potential:

cavill3v2us8.jpg

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He'll be good the important thing is the script.

IDirector

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Why are all these Hollywood studios trying to ruin what's left of my childhood memories?

Are they remaking a movie of the time you molested also? **** Hollywood.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a bad choice, at least he looks different. I do remember reading that they wanted to make Superman older in the next movie so this works.

I still believe in Nolan so I'll see what he brings to this movie. I also like Snyder and actually very much enjoyed 300 and Watchmen, and very much looking forward to his next film Sucker Punch, so that is more reason to like this movie. I guess we'll see a lot of green screen background and slow-mo action in the next film. Bring on Doomsday, bring on Brainiac, bring on Darkseid and kick the movie off in the right direction. See what the Joker did to TDK? Get those viarls working and there could be a very big movie here.

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
But didn't the last superman kill at the box office and get decent reviews? I wonder what happened.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads