or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Lets talk Homemade Pizza
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets talk Homemade Pizza - Page 5

post #61 of 96
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
I used grapes.

FTFY...damn. You know that talk annoys me, Pio!
post #62 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert View Post
this is how i do it, either in the oven or the webber

do you eat no refined carbs whatsoever? i try and eat more 'paleo' during the week but would crack if i couldnt have pizza or a burger once a week...

I've been cheating on a regular basis since Xmas. Need to tighten that up. However, I was looking at a cheat day as having eight or nine thin slices of a baguette, last year, and six days of no refined carbs. I ate whatever I wanted over Xmas and have been cheating badly once or twice a week in January. Put on several pounds so need to get back to some discipline.
post #63 of 96
This weekend is supposed to be about 70 degrees so I am going to fire up my gas grill, use my pizza stone and add some wood chips. I think that ought to do it. Especially since it get hot enough to make stainless steel glow.
post #64 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
An unglazed tile from the hardware store should work the same way.

Indeed, but you can't always get a straight answer about the lead content in the tile. Much cheaper but that bit makes me hesitate.
post #65 of 96
Just made my first successful pizza with Reinhart's dough recipe. Used all purpose flour and let the dough sit overnight in the fridge in covered containers. Oven was set at 550F (the max on mine) with one of those Emily Henry ceramic stones preheated and racked right above the heating element (about 1/2 inch apart). It took roughly 8 minutes to bake and the dough turned out crispy and near perfect. In my next batch of dough I will probably add a bit more salt though.
post #66 of 96
post #67 of 96
Thread Starter 
I'm making 4 tonight and I'll try and get pictures up.
post #68 of 96
I have been fucking with home made pizza too long unsucessfully. I have done both store made and home made dough. I have a pizza stone, pizza pan, baking pan, fuck you name it. Then I realized I was lactose intolerant and stopped for a while, but recent found some lactose free cheese that worked pretty good so I tried it again. What has worked for me, is get the over as hot as it will go. 500 degrees+ forget about what the recipe says. I have never had it come out even close to correct on 400 for 10 minutes. . I have been using a metal pan with holes in the bottom. Make the bottom thin and watch how many toppings you put on the pizza, if you overload it, it doesnt cook all the way for some reason. Finally, leave it in there longer than you think is necessary. Watch through the glass and when the cheeze is bubbling its almost time.

Good luck, this has been kicking my ass for years. I once almost chucked one at my fiance I was so pissed.
post #69 of 96
Here's my 100% vegan all natural pizza

recipe:

Make dough
let rise
stretch
add vegan toppings
bake


post #70 of 96
Nosu, another grand slam (my vegan dad actually eats shit like that )
post #71 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post
Here's my 100% vegan all natural pizza

recipe:

Make dough
let rise
stretch
add vegan toppings
bake



What's the yellow stuff?
post #72 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post
Here's my 100% vegan all natural pizza recipe: Make dough let rise stretch add vegan toppings bake
This looks to be of good class, however, is the dough not vegan? Or does the recipe mean to read, "Make dough with vegan dough ingredients?" Also, can you use a pizza stone previously used by carnivorous pizzas or do you need a vegan consecrated one?
post #73 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFS View Post
What's the yellow stuff?
Soy cheese?
post #74 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFS View Post
What's the yellow stuff?
"cheese"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
This looks to be of good class, however, is the dough not vegan? Or does the recipe mean to read, "Make dough with vegan dough ingredients?"
The dough is vegan. I haven't gotten a pizza stone yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Soy cheese?
I don't use soy products.
post #75 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgold47 View Post
I have been fucking with home made pizza too long unsucessfully. I have done both store made and home made dough. I have a pizza stone, pizza pan, baking pan, fuck you name it. Then I realized I was lactose intolerant and stopped for a while, but recent found some lactose free cheese that worked pretty good so I tried it again. What has worked for me, is get the over as hot as it will go. 500 degrees+ forget about what the recipe says. I have never had it come out even close to correct on 400 for 10 minutes. . I have been using a metal pan with holes in the bottom. Make the bottom thin and watch how many toppings you put on the pizza, if you overload it, it doesnt cook all the way for some reason. Finally, leave it in there longer than you think is necessary. Watch through the glass and when the cheeze is bubbling its almost time.

Good luck, this has been kicking my ass for years. I once almost chucked one at my fiance I was so pissed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Lets talk Homemade Pizza