or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical Barbour Thread - Page 41

post #601 of 2410
You might want to check the Alden thread re: NRO.
post #602 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by husbands View Post

It's been 18 days since my order from NRO, and my jacket hasn't even shipped yet
has anyone else had a similar experience? I'd rather not go to the BBB but they have lied to me over the phone and keep inventing excuses for this delay that don't make sense...

I think that has been the typical experience for the people who have ordered Alden from them. Not sure what their excuse on this could be.
post #603 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble water View Post

Is the chelsea quilted jacket warm enough for the winter? I am thinking of buying one but I want to know that before I buy it.
Thanks in advance

Fine for milder winter days but not if it's below freezing.
post #604 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post


I wouldn't do anything chillier than 40F with the jacket and a sweater. If you have something really heavy underneath you may be able to get away with it. But once it hits below 40F I tend to switch to my top coat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post


Fine for milder winter days but not if it's below freezing.

Thanks for the replies, I think I am going to look for an other jacket than!

post #605 of 2410

hey guys, sorry for the probably constantly repeated question.

 

what is the durawax on the gamefair? is it different than the thornproof? is it cheaper? less water-resistent?

 

having trouble googling differences. 

post #606 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgonsh View Post

hey guys, sorry for the probably constantly repeated question.

what is the durawax on the gamefair? is it different than the thornproof? is it cheaper? less water-resistent?

having trouble googling differences. 

Durawax is slightly 'peached' cotton, it has a slight fuzz that becomes apparant as the wax wears so it visually ages quicker between waxes. Weight for weight there's no real difference in durability - so if both are 8oz they'll be pretty similar, but the thornproof in 14oz would be tougher than 8oz durawax.
post #607 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by husbands View Post

It's been 18 days since my order from NRO, and my jacket hasn't even shipped yet
has anyone else had a similar experience? I'd rather not go to the BBB but they have lied to me over the phone and keep inventing excuses for this delay that don't make sense...

FWIW, I had to open a complaint with the BBB to get them to take a return on a pair of aldens. (on an order I had cancelled, which they decided to ship anyways 2 mo. later)

unfortunately it seems the only time they feel compelled to respond to a customer is when the BBB is involved. I hope your situation is different.
post #608 of 2410
Received the Barbour x ToKiTo mountain parka today, size small. Fitment is spot on. I foresee this getting a LOT of use! So comfortable and smells sofa king good.
post #609 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencers View Post

Received the Barbour x ToKiTo mountain parka today, size small. Fitment is spot on. I foresee this getting a LOT of use! So comfortable and smells sofa king good.

My sports is exactly the same. I can't wait to get weeks of rain so I can put it to good use icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #610 of 2410
Been wearing my Surtees for the last couple of weeks and I love the way it feels in cool autumn weather.

20120925_180206.jpg

20120925_180259.jpg
post #611 of 2410
We've got fall barbour stock up here in Portland. You'll have to forgive me for fucking around in the "Gold Label" Alice Temperly gear, but this poncho is toooooo good. I dont care if the thing says size 8, its 11 feet long, it transforms into a picnic blanket, and in my eyes its unisex

post #612 of 2410
^ What the devil's going on in that photo - it looks like you're having some sort of claustrophobic fit?!
post #613 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portland Dry Goods View Post

We've got fall barbour stock up here in Portland. You'll have to forgive me for fucking around in the "Gold Label" Alice Temperly gear, but this poncho is toooooo good. I dont care if the thing says size 8, its 11 feet long, it transforms into a picnic blanket, and in my eyes its unisex
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

GET IT OFF!!!

post #614 of 2410
fighting with the snaps - theyre rigid at first!

its anything but claustrophobic.. I could set up a farmers market under this thing

obviously looks better on girls, hahahah.
post #615 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imyouricecreamman View Post

Been wearing my Surtees for the last couple of weeks and I love the way it feels in cool autumn weather. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
20120925_180206.jpg
20120925_180259.jpg

Looks good. Wish it wasn't 90+ everyday here still. C'MON AUTUMN!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread