or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical Barbour Thread - Page 37

post #541 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

So I bought the Barbour x To Ki To Sports Jacket. Getting it on Tuesday so needless to say I'm pretty damn excited. I tried it on in the NYC SoHo store and found it fit pretty slim so I went for an XL. I was surprised when the saleslady told me that Tokhito Yoshida actually doesn't have anything to do with the brand anymore... Apparently they just use his name or something?
And Dave, keep stalking out those New England Barbour sources, you seem to have been finding some pretty sweet stuff recently!

That would kind of make sense since they seem to now just be mainly reusing designs in new fabrics and colors.
post #542 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post


The navy Bedale is pretty dark..

ok, i got it. Thankfully it is dark, but now I remember why I sold all my barbours in the past. I don't like the material they use or the wax compared to my belstaffs. Now the Barbour Carbon series is a totally different story- I love them.  

post #543 of 2699
I just received an A7 International ordered from the Bloomingdales sale this week...
It felt different from my current A7 when I tried it on, looked inside to see it's made in ...Tunisia.
WTF.
I knew some synthetics/other fabrics were made outside the UK, but since when did they stop making classic waxed pieces like this in England?
can anyone comment on the longterm durability of Tunisian Barbours?
post #544 of 2699
Does this fit properly or is it too short?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #545 of 2699

I think you know the answer :) (short)

And If I were you I would be hesitant to return, It would probably look better just with a shorter t-shirt :)

 

Yours Faithfully

TehFunnyBunny

post #546 of 2699
Far too late to return, bought it right before summer lol8[1].gif I know it's short, but the jacket also isn't meant to be long... however, I don't think it's meant to be this short either. It's a shame because it's spot on in every other regard and looks amazing. Oh well... to B&S I guess.
post #547 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

I just received an A7 International ordered from the Bloomingdales sale this week...
It felt different from my current A7 when I tried it on, looked inside to see it's made in ...Tunisia.
WTF.
I knew some synthetics/other fabrics were made outside the UK, but since when did they stop making classic waxed pieces like this in England?
can anyone comment on the longterm durability of Tunisian Barbours?


strange, I thought all the Wax jackets were still made in the UK. are you sure it is an official Barbour TM ?

post #548 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

I just received an A7 International ordered from the Bloomingdales sale this week...
It felt different from my current A7 when I tried it on, looked inside to see it's made in ...Tunisia.
WTF.
I knew some synthetics/other fabrics were made outside the UK, but since when did they stop making classic waxed pieces like this in England?
can anyone comment on the longterm durability of Tunisian Barbours?

Damn! I was wondering about that too. Mine doesn't come until Wednesday. When you say different, what do you mean? Lower quality? I never owned a Barbour before.
post #549 of 2699
From the website: "Although it sources products from around the globe, Barbour's classic wax jackets are still manufactured by hand in the factory in Simonside and each year over 100,000 jackets are processed via the central, subsidiary and local customer service operations".

Is it a waxed international? If so, it's strange that it would be made in Tunisia. Maybe the international is no longer considered a "classic" waxed jacket?!
post #550 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorman View Post

Damn! I was wondering about that too. Mine doesn't come until Wednesday. When you say different, what do you mean? Lower quality? I never owned a Barbour before.

the cloth feels different. at first I thought it was just because my current A7 has been beaten to hell and is pretty soft, but the cotton on the new one feels thinner, not as substantial.
I wouldn't say it feels cheap, but it just feels "different".
I'll probably keep it since it was such a good price, but It's a sad day if in fact all of their production is now done outside the UK.
post #551 of 2699
Alright, thanks man.
post #552 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

From the website: "Although it sources products from around the globe, Barbour's classic wax jackets are still manufactured by hand in the factory in Simonside and each year over 100,000 jackets are processed via the central, subsidiary and local customer service operations".
Is it a waxed international? If so, it's strange that it would be made in Tunisia. Maybe the international is no longer considered a "classic" waxed jacket?!

It's possible they're employing a manufacturing strategy that seems to be more and more common these days:
having the majority of the manufacture taking place in countries where it's cheaper to produce (china, india, Tunisia...) and then having the "finishing" taking place in the US or UK, so they can still apply the "Made in the USA...UK" label.
post #553 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post


the cloth feels different. at first I thought it was just because my current A7 has been beaten to hell and is pretty soft, but the cotton on the new one feels thinner, not as substantial.
I wouldn't say it feels cheap, but it just feels "different".
I'll probably keep it since it was such a good price, but It's a sad day if in fact all of their production is now done outside the UK.


Of course there is another possibility - it's a fake. It's not unheard of for fakes to enter the supply chains of reputable retailers, and the market is awash with cheap chinese fake barbours.

I hope not though.

 

http://www.barbour.com/counterfeit-education

post #554 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post


Of course there is another possibility - it's a fake. It's not unheard of for fakes to enter the supply chains of reputable retailers, and the market is awash with cheap chinese fake barbours.


I hope not though.

http://www.barbour.com/counterfeit-education


but would a knockoff barbour carry a tag that said "made in tunisia"?
post #555 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

So I bought the Barbour x To Ki To Sports Jacket. Getting it on Tuesday so needless to say I'm pretty damn excited. I tried it on in the NYC SoHo store and found it fit pretty slim so I went for an XL.

Very tempted to pick that one up in small.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread