or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical Barbour Thread - Page 36

post #526 of 2469
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicPac View Post

barbour is english cut which is usually boxy. you wont get a taper fit in these coats

The Classic line is boxy. You will get a slim fit in the Heritage and Beacon Heritage lines. It's not so much that the Classic line is boxy, either. It just runs big. Try going down a size or two from what you normally wear.
post #527 of 2469
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicgrey View Post


The Classic line is boxy. You will get a slim fit in the Heritage and Beacon Heritage lines. It's not so much that the Classic line is boxy, either. It just runs big. Try going down a size or two from what you normally wear.

Which of the traditional wax jackets (that looks like Beaufort) are Heritage or Beacon Heritage?

post #528 of 2469
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicgrey View Post

The Classic line is boxy. You will get a slim fit in the Heritage and Beacon Heritage lines. It's not so much that the Classic line is boxy, either. It just runs big. Try going down a size or two from what you normally wear.

Even the Small in Wessex was too big for me, and that's part of the Heritage line.
post #529 of 2469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

Which of the traditional wax jackets (that looks like Beaufort) are Heritage or Beacon Heritage?
Ashby
post #530 of 2469
Heads up:

Bloomingdales.com has waxed A7 internationals on sale for 209.50
I signed up for their Loyallist program and its another $25 off with free shipping.
so thats $185 shipped for a new A7.

limited sizes but a hell of a deal

edit: ebates will give you another $11 off (6%)
post #531 of 2469
AHHHHH! Forgot about eBates!!! But, thanks for the heads up. I picked one up in a 42, hopefully it fits.
post #532 of 2469

ordered the jcrew equestrian bedale in navy. Hope it's dark navy like in the pics or I'm gonna be disappointed. Would have got the black, but I find black barbours always fade out to a dull navy color

post #533 of 2469
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

What are peoples preferences between linsdale, langley and drigg?
Still want the merton...but want to see one in person before I spend over 400 on a jacket.

bump on this...
post #534 of 2469
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican View Post

ordered the jcrew equestrian bedale in navy. Hope it's dark navy like in the pics or I'm gonna be disappointed. Would have got the black, but I find black barbours always fade out to a dull navy color

The navy Bedale is pretty dark..
post #535 of 2469

Finally got cool enough in seattle to break out my derwent (hooded cagoule from the lifestyle collection), forgot how good the wax smells... :D

post #536 of 2469
I know this is a barbour thread, but I recently tried on a great jacket from Polo. http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13214891 It looks amazing in person, the web doesn't seem to do it justice. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Polo quality when it comes to waxed cotton, especially vs Barbour, which was my original choice.

Thanks
post #537 of 2469
So I bought the Barbour x To Ki To Sports Jacket. Getting it on Tuesday so needless to say I'm pretty damn excited. I tried it on in the NYC SoHo store and found it fit pretty slim so I went for an XL. I was surprised when the saleslady told me that Tokhito Yoshida actually doesn't have anything to do with the brand anymore... Apparently they just use his name or something?

And Dave, keep stalking out those New England Barbour sources, you seem to have been finding some pretty sweet stuff recently!
post #538 of 2469
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.R. View Post

I know this is a barbour thread, but I recently tried on a great jacket from Polo. http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13214891 It looks amazing in person, the web doesn't seem to do it justice. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Polo quality when it comes to waxed cotton, especially vs Barbour, which was my original choice.
Thanks

I bought the RRL Oilcloth Hunting Jacket a year ago. It's a great design and it attracted me because it looked more contemporary than the Barbour equivalent (Bedale / Beaufort). It was expensive though and it came "washed" which meant that, after a year of consistent wear (especially over the mild autumn, winter and spring), it got really quite tatty. I would suggest that the Barbour would be a safer option as they excel in both warranty and general maintenance. Just my $0.02.
post #539 of 2469
How's Barbour for sweaters? Not a lot of talk about the sweaters in this thread. Love the look of the fair isles on End right now.
post #540 of 2469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg View Post

How's Barbour for sweaters? Not a lot of talk about the sweaters in this thread. Love the look of the fair isles on End right now.

They have a lot of really nice sweaters. I have a few of one of the Fair Isles at the moment and its great. Keeping one for myself
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread