or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical Barbour Thread - Page 33

post #481 of 2506
The Milford store started their labor day sale today. 30% off everything. Bedales and Beauforts are $132 and they have all sizes from 32-52. Mostly classic, sage, and navy
post #482 of 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

The Milford store started their labor day sale today. 30% off everything. Bedales and Beauforts are $132 and they have all sizes from 32-52. Mostly classic, sage, and navy

I'm really itching to get a Barbour for the fall, but it's hard to find them to try on in Toronto/.
post #483 of 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

The Milford store started their labor day sale today. 30% off everything. Bedales and Beauforts are $132 and they have all sizes from 32-52. Mostly classic, sage, and navy

I would assume the one on Newbury would also have the sale...how long is it going for?
post #484 of 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

The Milford store started their labor day sale today. 30% off everything. Bedales and Beauforts are $132 and they have all sizes from 32-52. Mostly classic, sage, and navy

Can anyone proxy? Looking for a Beaufort in size 36 in a green color.
post #485 of 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

I would assume the one on Newbury would also have the sale...how long is it going for?

Newbury wouldnt have this sale. Its just at the Milford NH Factory store. Starts today and goes until they close on Saturday. Maybe Newbury has a Labor Day sale going on but the outlet stuff is already half the price of Newbury to start with before the sale even comes into play.

Kittery started their sale a day early today too. 50% leathers (mostly chelsea with a moto or two), 50% off Tokitos (all Oates, Scott, Shoreman jackets mostly in L-XXL with a few Mediums), and i think 30% off other waxed and quilted jackets. Bedales and Beauforts are not on sale.
post #486 of 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

My only concern would be if the Beaufort were too long. Does anyone have fit pics for someone that is around 5'5"? I tried a jacket on at an Orvis outlet and I think it was a longer model than the Beaufort but it came down to just above my knees.

I would say a Bedale works for someone 5'5", I'm 5'10" and a Beaufort works perfectly.
post #487 of 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartagasIV View Post

I would say a Bedale works for someone 5'5", I'm 5'10" and a Beaufort works perfectly.

Go for the Bedale. Im 5'6 and i think the Beaufort is too long
post #488 of 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

Go for the Bedale. Im 5'6 and i think the Beaufort is too long

Thanks guys. Hunt is on for a Bedale then.
post #489 of 2506
Howdy,

I went with www.bestinthecountry.co.uk for the Bedale I just purchased. Including the 'free' scarf, it cost about 274 including shipping. The import tax I paid was about 27 bucks. Perhaps someone finds those details useful. One might be able to sell the scarf on eBay for about 30 dollars, which brings down the cost. Shipping only took about 3 days and they were responsive to requests.

I do wish I'd read about the NH store prior to buying, but I'm too far away anyway and I don't anyone offering to proxy, so perhaps I can console myself with that.

For what it is worth, I'm about a 39 short in a jacket and the size 38 Bedale fits about the same. While I can fit a blazer under it, it peeps out in the front.

I'm still in the market for the cheapest sage hood and a zip in liner (everyone agrees the pile liner is warmer than the polarquilt?). I'll keep an eye on North River and its coupons, thanks for that.
post #490 of 2506
A few things. You guys got me thinking; I'm 5'9 should I go with a bedale or beufort?

Dave, whats the deal with the outlet jackets? Are there noticeable flaws, and is there just like a black line through the tag?

Edit: just saw that the beufort has some cheap sounding/ looking nylon/ velcro combo around the wrist? That almost seems enough to make me go for the Bedale...
Edited by mikeman - 8/30/12 at 7:43pm
post #491 of 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

I'm really itching to get a Barbour for the fall, but it's hard to find them to try on in Toronto/.

Sporting Life on Yonge has a decent selection.
post #492 of 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post

A few things. You guys got me thinking; I'm 5'9 should I go with a bedale or beufort?
Dave, whats the deal with the outlet jackets? Are there noticeable flaws, and is there just like a black line through the tag?
Edit: just saw that the beufort has some cheap sounding/ looking nylon/ velcro combo around the wrist? That almost seems enough to make me go for the Bedale...

Theres no flaws. Just because something is from an outlet doesnt mean its a factory reject. Everything they sell (besides the red tag rack) is first quality. Most of it is out of season returns from retail stores, overstock from online account retailers, and company samples. The tags do have the O in Barbour colored in with a marker, but thats just to prevent someone from buying something for half price and taking it to a retail shop for a full price exchange or credit/refund
post #493 of 2506
I was cleaning some old pictures off my phone and found some pictures of me trying some jackets on at Orvis.
For reference, Im ~5'9 and 165 pounds.

Beaufort, whis was either a 36 or 38... dont recall.


Bedale which was a 38



Which do you guys think looks better? Feel like the beaufort might have been a 36, as it looks extremely narrow.
post #494 of 2506
Figured out the NRO code is "LABOR DAY". However, it doesn't seem to work for Barbour. Thppt.
post #495 of 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

I'm really itching to get a Barbour for the fall, but it's hard to find them to try on in Toronto/.

Stollery's bro.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread