Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- BARBOUR TOKITO TOKIHITO BEACON HERITAGE BRACKEN TWEED SCOTT JACKET Large Last post on 8/18/15 at 3:36pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Which barbour model is this? Last post on 11/19/13 at 9:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Barbour Jacket Alteration Question Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- What kind of jacket to wear to walk around within school building? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:13pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
Offical Barbour Thread - Page 208
I agree. But for the slimmer person it does not make sense to purchase this when ashby is the same exact thing. (I have one of each)
I'd also toss in the international as an iconic piece.
Has the Ashby been around as long?
I don't know too much about the history of Barbour, but my votes would be for the Bedale and the International.
Why do you ask? As others have mentioned, the Bedale. But I'd also consider the Beaufort to be on the same level. Most people will probably prefer the shorter cut of the Bedale, but the added poacher's pocket of the Beaufort is really nice to have. All my Barbour jackets have had that rear pocket (3 Tokito + 1 Beaufort).
Not sure about the sleeves cuz everyone may have a different arm length.
I have 36 inch Chest and always wear Short sizes suits. 36S. I am 5'9" and 150LB.
I tried both Classic Bedale in 36 and Ashby in XS.
Bedale: Sleeve is alright but a little(just a little) too long for me. It has a wrist band inside which can hold up the sleeve a litttle bit. But I don't like the wrist band at all. It is much looser in the chest than XS Ashby but gives me more room to wear chunky sweaters if i want to.
Ashby: The sleeve in XS Ashby was too long(Much longer than Bedale in 36) for me HOWEVER it has corduroy linings inside the sleeve and meant to be rolled up. The Chest is much fitted than Bedale.
If you like roomier chest, go for Bedale in your normal suit size. If you want a slimmer fit closer to your body, get Ashby in S(I am guessing) or Bedale with one size down. But I personally don't like downsizing the bedale.
Do you really need for us to opine if you are going to be trying on?
I don't have either jacket, but have a Beaufort. The sleeves on a 36 Beaufort would be too short for you and I would think it would be the same on the Ashby. They are a little short on me and I'm only 5'5".
I am 5'9" and 36 Beaufort looks huge on me. Both the sleeve and the length of the coat in general.
i also have a friend who's also 5'9" with much longer arms and wear 40R jackets.
A couple more odds and ends popped up on Sierra Trading Post if they're your cup of tea:
Dept. B Dragh, which is somewhat like the Commander in that it's a blazer/coat. The panels are a wool tweed:
Barbour did a collection or two with Pantone colors and this was one of the pieces:
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 41 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...