or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical Barbour Thread - Page 192

post #2866 of 2876

Good evening

 

Any ideas, when this jacket was produced (released)? And how much was RRP?

 

Tag info: A892 L/W BEAULIEU jacket large 7284

 

 

post #2867 of 2876

I know it was a semi-limited run jacket, but how does the sizing of the Dept. B Commander compare to other jackets?  It's a trim fit, and I've read that the sizing can be tricky.  I wear a medium in most of the other jackets (New Utility, Ashby, etc.).  Would I go with medium for the commander, as well?  Or size up?

post #2868 of 2876
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
 

I know it was a semi-limited run jacket, but how does the sizing of the Dept. B Commander compare to other jackets?  It's a trim fit, and I've read that the sizing can be tricky.  I wear a medium in most of the other jackets (New Utility, Ashby, etc.).  Would I go with medium for the commander, as well?  Or size up?

 

It's a bit slimmer than the Ashby but in general I'd say you don't need to size up. I wear the same size for both.

post #2869 of 2876

I'm looking for something for spring/early fall that is weatherproof.

 

I thought the sapper would be perfect but it has a liner.

post #2870 of 2876
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
 

I'm looking for something for spring/early fall that is weatherproof.

 

I thought the sapper would be perfect but it has a liner.

I have a navy Barbour Sapper, and it is much warmer than I thought. I have only used it twice since I bought it. Too warm for spring in my city. I hope I'd  be able to use it more in the fall. 

post #2871 of 2876
I believe there's both a sapper and lightweight/flyweight sapper...could be wrong.
post #2872 of 2876
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartagasIV View Post

I believe there's both a sapper and lightweight/flyweight sapper...could be wrong.


Judging from what the store had in its description mine was "ideal for spring" because it is a very "light" fabric... but since it is waxed it doesn't let the heat of the body go so easily...

post #2873 of 2876

Some good deals on Barbour outwear at STP: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~barbour/clothing~d~5/mens-clothing~d~15/mens-jackets-and-coats~d~142/

 

There's a 30% off code for the day (displayed at top of page) and apparently a 40% off code emailed to people on their list (not stackable)

post #2874 of 2876

Some good deals at end clothing, as well.

post #2875 of 2876
Picked up a Shordace, wool Sapper and Allenwood from STP. Great deals right now. They also have Le Chameau wellies back in stock and a few pairs of Lambourne cords if you want to go for the total country squire look.
post #2876 of 2876

I ended up returning the New Utility that I picked up from Nordstrom....it just didn't fit right.  I felt that I would have had to have it tailored to fit properly, and the lack of cuff closures kind of bugged me.

 

With that said, I purchased a Dept B Beacon in olive from end clothing.  I was between that and the Ashby.....maybe later this year if I can find one on sale, or a gently used one on ebay.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread