Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- BARBOUR TOKITO TOKIHITO BEACON HERITAGE BRACKEN TWEED SCOTT JACKET Large Last post on 8/18/15 at 3:36pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Which barbour model is this? Last post on 11/19/13 at 9:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Barbour Jacket Alteration Question Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- What kind of jacket to wear to walk around within school building? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:13pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
- Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
Offical Barbour Thread - Page 150
I bought the Commander in a Small and it fits very well, but the sleeves could do with taking up a little.
i just wanted to ask if anybody had successfully had this alteration done?
The elbow patch obviously presents a problem as it finishes so low that it would need to be shifted up.
So for anybody who has done this, were the sleeves shortened from the top or the cuff?
If from the cuff, did the moving of the elbow patch leave stitch marks on the waxed cotton as i presume it would?
I purchased the Commander and was told that the sleeves can be shortened, but should be done only by Barbour. 1) if done elsewhere, the warranty would be void, 2) the thread would be weatherproof and 3) the elbow patch would be moved.
After 10+ weeks of waiting, my jacket arrived and the alteration job was shotty to say the least. I had the local store look at the work and they returned it to the factory with a response of, "that's the best we can do".
I returned the jacket.
Does that mean that the leather trim is on top of the patch? seeing as there is such a small gap between patch and trim I assume this is the case?
They actually cut the patch and moved it up so that the distance between the patch and leather trim was the same as the original. I had the sleeves shortened by 2" (from the cuff, not the shoulder)
The cut on the patch was uneven on one of the the sleeves - it looked as if the patch was cut at an angle.
Re-threading the patch started/ended at the new cut, not the whole patch, so the thread was mismatched.
The thread was coming apart.
She has probably gotten away with it if the sleeves weren't taken up by too much, but as the sleeve gets narrower the further down the cuff you go, if you shorten it the trim will become tight. (hence why it was difficult to put back)
Im having to take mine up by about 1 3/4" so I couldn't get away with it without creating a pleated mess.
Considering that the seam is already accessible when you unpick the lining, its easy to slightly narrow the sleeve at the cuff so that it is the same width as the original cuff. That way, it wont be tight
I didn't have it tapered. I also need to gussets put in underarm to accommodate how tight it was across the chez and over arm. Then... Had lining tacked down as it was not prior and made it annoying ever time I took on or off. I'm retrospect it is the most ill fitting jacket that I have from Barbour. All the same I really enjoy wearing it, great silhouette for my lifestyle. I initially did not buy because of the film.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 19 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 21 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 23 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 26 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...