Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- BARBOUR TOKITO TOKIHITO BEACON HERITAGE BRACKEN TWEED SCOTT JACKET Large Last post on 8/18/15 at 3:36pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Which barbour model is this? Last post on 11/19/13 at 9:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Barbour Jacket Alteration Question Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- What kind of jacket to wear to walk around within school building? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:13pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
Offical Barbour Thread - Page 150
Styleforum Top Picks
I bought the Commander in a Small and it fits very well, but the sleeves could do with taking up a little.
i just wanted to ask if anybody had successfully had this alteration done?
The elbow patch obviously presents a problem as it finishes so low that it would need to be shifted up.
So for anybody who has done this, were the sleeves shortened from the top or the cuff?
If from the cuff, did the moving of the elbow patch leave stitch marks on the waxed cotton as i presume it would?
I purchased the Commander and was told that the sleeves can be shortened, but should be done only by Barbour. 1) if done elsewhere, the warranty would be void, 2) the thread would be weatherproof and 3) the elbow patch would be moved.
After 10+ weeks of waiting, my jacket arrived and the alteration job was shotty to say the least. I had the local store look at the work and they returned it to the factory with a response of, "that's the best we can do".
I returned the jacket.
Does that mean that the leather trim is on top of the patch? seeing as there is such a small gap between patch and trim I assume this is the case?
They actually cut the patch and moved it up so that the distance between the patch and leather trim was the same as the original. I had the sleeves shortened by 2" (from the cuff, not the shoulder)
The cut on the patch was uneven on one of the the sleeves - it looked as if the patch was cut at an angle.
Re-threading the patch started/ended at the new cut, not the whole patch, so the thread was mismatched.
The thread was coming apart.
She has probably gotten away with it if the sleeves weren't taken up by too much, but as the sleeve gets narrower the further down the cuff you go, if you shorten it the trim will become tight. (hence why it was difficult to put back)
Im having to take mine up by about 1 3/4" so I couldn't get away with it without creating a pleated mess.
Considering that the seam is already accessible when you unpick the lining, its easy to slightly narrow the sleeve at the cuff so that it is the same width as the original cuff. That way, it wont be tight
I didn't have it tapered. I also need to gussets put in underarm to accommodate how tight it was across the chez and over arm. Then... Had lining tacked down as it was not prior and made it annoying ever time I took on or off. I'm retrospect it is the most ill fitting jacket that I have from Barbour. All the same I really enjoy wearing it, great silhouette for my lifestyle. I initially did not buy because of the film.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
- Offical Barbour Thread
- › Viberg Oxford Viberg Size 9 Roughout Includes shipping 51 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.