Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- BARBOUR TOKITO TOKIHITO BEACON HERITAGE BRACKEN TWEED SCOTT JACKET Large Last post on 8/18/15 at 3:36pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Which barbour model is this? Last post on 11/19/13 at 9:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Barbour Jacket Alteration Question Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- What kind of jacket to wear to walk around within school building? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:13pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
Offical Barbour Thread - Page 138
Yeah I would have, but a large would be too much space in the body as I have a very narrow waist and larger upper body. I also bought it from END before the large was in stock, and when these jackets would sell out extremely fast and were being touted as limited edition so I went for it when I could get a medium. Its too difficult and costly to try to resell my current jacket and re-purchase a large from END, because of all the customs fees.
I had the same issue with my commander that I got last month from END. They were selling fast and I got a small, and it fit great in the shoulders and waist - sharp - but the damned armholes were cutting into my armpits even though the sleeves were plenty long. I didn't know they'd do that alteration, or I would have gone that direction. I ended up just eating the custom fees and re-ordering a medium from END plus shipping the small back ($$$). Medium works ok enough (I am 6 ' 155lbs), but the fit of the small (sans the armholes) was very sharp and fitted, almost perfect.
Wish I'd known this a few weeks ago...
Speaking of the Commander sizing, not knowing about the armhole extensions, unfortunately, I ended up going with a medium in January rather than the small. It's not bad, but it could be taken in a bit for a trimmer fit. Has anyone had their commander jackets altered (or any other Barbour jacket)? I've heard from some that it's not necessarily a good idea, but I would imagine if you went to a good tailor and re-waxed any relevant areas it might be ok??
Comfort is fine, very stiff but hardly surprising.
I wanted a pair that I could keep as dark as possible for ages (I've already got jeans with five+ years' of wear on them) so the weight will help with that. Also planning on dry cleaning them when the time comes...
Right well that makes sense... You've given me something to think about.
Appreciate your thoughts.
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 2 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 12 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 22 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 37 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 52 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 55 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...