Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- BARBOUR TOKITO TOKIHITO BEACON HERITAGE BRACKEN TWEED SCOTT JACKET Large Last post on 8/18/15 at 3:36pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Which barbour model is this? Last post on 11/19/13 at 9:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Barbour Jacket Alteration Question Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- What kind of jacket to wear to walk around within school building? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:13pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
- Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
Offical Barbour Thread - Page 138
Yeah I would have, but a large would be too much space in the body as I have a very narrow waist and larger upper body. I also bought it from END before the large was in stock, and when these jackets would sell out extremely fast and were being touted as limited edition so I went for it when I could get a medium. Its too difficult and costly to try to resell my current jacket and re-purchase a large from END, because of all the customs fees.
I had the same issue with my commander that I got last month from END. They were selling fast and I got a small, and it fit great in the shoulders and waist - sharp - but the damned armholes were cutting into my armpits even though the sleeves were plenty long. I didn't know they'd do that alteration, or I would have gone that direction. I ended up just eating the custom fees and re-ordering a medium from END plus shipping the small back ($$$). Medium works ok enough (I am 6 ' 155lbs), but the fit of the small (sans the armholes) was very sharp and fitted, almost perfect.
Wish I'd known this a few weeks ago...
Speaking of the Commander sizing, not knowing about the armhole extensions, unfortunately, I ended up going with a medium in January rather than the small. It's not bad, but it could be taken in a bit for a trimmer fit. Has anyone had their commander jackets altered (or any other Barbour jacket)? I've heard from some that it's not necessarily a good idea, but I would imagine if you went to a good tailor and re-waxed any relevant areas it might be ok??
Comfort is fine, very stiff but hardly surprising.
I wanted a pair that I could keep as dark as possible for ages (I've already got jeans with five+ years' of wear on them) so the weight will help with that. Also planning on dry cleaning them when the time comes...
Right well that makes sense... You've given me something to think about.
Appreciate your thoughts.
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 4 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 10 minutes ago
- › WestWorld 11 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...