Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- BARBOUR TOKITO TOKIHITO BEACON HERITAGE BRACKEN TWEED SCOTT JACKET Large Last post on 8/18/15 at 3:36pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Which barbour model is this? Last post on 11/19/13 at 9:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Barbour Jacket Alteration Question Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- What kind of jacket to wear to walk around within school building? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:13pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
Offical Barbour Thread - Page 138
Styleforum Top Picks
Yeah I would have, but a large would be too much space in the body as I have a very narrow waist and larger upper body. I also bought it from END before the large was in stock, and when these jackets would sell out extremely fast and were being touted as limited edition so I went for it when I could get a medium. Its too difficult and costly to try to resell my current jacket and re-purchase a large from END, because of all the customs fees.
I had the same issue with my commander that I got last month from END. They were selling fast and I got a small, and it fit great in the shoulders and waist - sharp - but the damned armholes were cutting into my armpits even though the sleeves were plenty long. I didn't know they'd do that alteration, or I would have gone that direction. I ended up just eating the custom fees and re-ordering a medium from END plus shipping the small back ($$$). Medium works ok enough (I am 6 ' 155lbs), but the fit of the small (sans the armholes) was very sharp and fitted, almost perfect.
Wish I'd known this a few weeks ago...
Speaking of the Commander sizing, not knowing about the armhole extensions, unfortunately, I ended up going with a medium in January rather than the small. It's not bad, but it could be taken in a bit for a trimmer fit. Has anyone had their commander jackets altered (or any other Barbour jacket)? I've heard from some that it's not necessarily a good idea, but I would imagine if you went to a good tailor and re-waxed any relevant areas it might be ok??
Comfort is fine, very stiff but hardly surprising.
I wanted a pair that I could keep as dark as possible for ages (I've already got jeans with five+ years' of wear on them) so the weight will help with that. Also planning on dry cleaning them when the time comes...
Right well that makes sense... You've given me something to think about.
Appreciate your thoughts.
- Offical Barbour Thread
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 seconds ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 57 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for... 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 8 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...