Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- BARBOUR TOKITO TOKIHITO BEACON HERITAGE BRACKEN TWEED SCOTT JACKET Large Last post on 8/18/15 at 3:36pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Which barbour model is this? Last post on 11/19/13 at 9:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Barbour Jacket Alteration Question Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- What kind of jacket to wear to walk around within school building? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:13pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
Offical Barbour Thread - Page 138
Yeah I would have, but a large would be too much space in the body as I have a very narrow waist and larger upper body. I also bought it from END before the large was in stock, and when these jackets would sell out extremely fast and were being touted as limited edition so I went for it when I could get a medium. Its too difficult and costly to try to resell my current jacket and re-purchase a large from END, because of all the customs fees.
I had the same issue with my commander that I got last month from END. They were selling fast and I got a small, and it fit great in the shoulders and waist - sharp - but the damned armholes were cutting into my armpits even though the sleeves were plenty long. I didn't know they'd do that alteration, or I would have gone that direction. I ended up just eating the custom fees and re-ordering a medium from END plus shipping the small back ($$$). Medium works ok enough (I am 6 ' 155lbs), but the fit of the small (sans the armholes) was very sharp and fitted, almost perfect.
Wish I'd known this a few weeks ago...
Speaking of the Commander sizing, not knowing about the armhole extensions, unfortunately, I ended up going with a medium in January rather than the small. It's not bad, but it could be taken in a bit for a trimmer fit. Has anyone had their commander jackets altered (or any other Barbour jacket)? I've heard from some that it's not necessarily a good idea, but I would imagine if you went to a good tailor and re-waxed any relevant areas it might be ok??
Comfort is fine, very stiff but hardly surprising.
I wanted a pair that I could keep as dark as possible for ages (I've already got jeans with five+ years' of wear on them) so the weight will help with that. Also planning on dry cleaning them when the time comes...
Right well that makes sense... You've given me something to think about.
Appreciate your thoughts.
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 seconds ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding