or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical Barbour Thread - Page 125

post #1861 of 2514
Anyone see a chelsea in an XS anywhere?
post #1862 of 2514

Just got a Barbour Commander (from End Clothing with a recent 20% off coupon code).  I'm 5'10", about 195lbs, with wide shoulders.  My standard dress shirt is a Nordstrom trim fit, 16.5" x 34-35".  My jacket size is 42 or 44, depending on the brand and cut, with the sleeves shortened by an inch or so.

 

I ordered the Commander in XL.  It is definitely an odd duck of a jacket.  It looks like outerwear, but it's cut like a tailored jacket.   The jacket body fits me closely but not so tight that the buttons pull when closed.  Like all Barbour jackets, the shoulders are a little close for my body type.  With the cool triangle thingy buttoned shut, the collar is really tight, almost uncomfortably.  The sleeves are so long that when my arms hang at their sides my hands are completely covered.

 

It really ends up being a weird hybrid between a tailored jacket and outerwear.  If I mentally treat it as tailored clothing, the fit is good (except the sleeves are way too long).  If I mentally treat it as outerwear, it's too tight (collar and shoulders) to really do anything more active than walk the dog. 

 

All that said, I like it.  It does make for a good cool-weather-walk-the-dog jacket, or for going to the local microbrew house.  Hope this info helps others on the sizing front.

post #1863 of 2514

PSA: Received these two emails yesterday RE: sales at Kittery, ME & Milford, NH.

 

 

post #1864 of 2514
Why cant they do send sales frown.gif
post #1865 of 2514
I'm hoping someone can help me out with sizing for an Ashby. I'm a 42L, 16.5 x 35, 6'3" and weigh around 205. I'm debating between a L and a XL. I tried the L on earlier this summer, but wasn't really in the market for a Barbour at the time. I recall it was trim fitting but maybe a little too snug in the shoulders. Does anyone know if the XL is significantly bigger? I tried a Beaufort on last week and a 40 fit pretty well, just still looked a little too boxy for my taste.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
post #1866 of 2514
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinstonc View Post

I'm hoping someone can help me out with sizing for an Ashby. I'm a 42L, 16.5 x 35, 6'3" and weigh around 205. I'm debating between a L and a XL. I tried the L on earlier this summer, but wasn't really in the market for a Barbour at the time. I recall it was trim fitting but maybe a little too snug in the shoulders. Does anyone know if the XL is significantly bigger? I tried a Beaufort on last week and a 40 fit pretty well, just still looked a little too boxy for my taste.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

XL might be a little big for you unless you intend to wear it over a suit/sport coat.
I take a 44r jacket and got the XL. I can wear a medium-thick sweater under it but I wouldn't want to put it on over a sport coat.
Sleeve length might be an issue for you too.

Measurements for an XL were reasonably accurate at End.
http://www.endclothing.com/barbour-ashby-jacket.html

Measurements for the Ashby at Bourbour are way off.
post #1867 of 2514
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

XL might be a little big for you unless you intend to wear it over a suit/sport coat.
I take a 44r jacket and got the XL. I can wear a medium-thick sweater under it but I wouldn't want to put it on over a sport coat.
Sleeve length might be an issue for you too.

Measurements for an XL were reasonably accurate at End.
http://www.endclothing.com/barbour-ashby-jacket.html

Measurements for the Ashby at Bourbour are way off.

Thanks for the feedback. I am not planning on wearing it over much more than a button-down or maybe a light sweater. However, I would want to add a liner so that I could wear it as a winter jacket. That being said maybe the XL would be a better bet? I saw the measurements on End, but unfortunately they have different measurements for different colors of the jacket. I wasn't sure which was correct.
post #1868 of 2514
Yeah that's why I hedged and said "reasonably accurate".
The olive one has the sleeve length as shorter for the xxl than the other sizes.
P2P is the same for Navy and Olive, 24" for XL. That's about what I got when I measured mine.
post #1869 of 2514

Does anyone here have, or know where I could get, a Barbour Moorland? Its essentially an 8oz Beaufort. Im a size 40

post #1870 of 2514

Can Barbour let out the back/upper back area on a jacket by an inch or so?

post #1871 of 2514

Hello All - I'm new to this site as my last resort for finding the jacket I need. I am looking for the "Hidcote" in size Medium. I already own the small but it is too small for me so I need to trade or buy a Medium. Can anyone help?? I would be willing to pay top dollar. Msg me at saulr@ucla.edu

 

Thanks!

post #1872 of 2514
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForTweed123 View Post

Can Barbour let out the back/upper back area on a jacket by an inch or so?

Wear it and the jacket will stretch, when I first had my To Ki To Bond Jacket it also felt quite tight around the back and shoulder but it fits perfectly now, I can even wear a thin jumper under it!
post #1873 of 2514

Picked up this Barbour B jacket on final sale for about $250.  I was looking for a weather-resistant black jacket and jumped on it when I found in small.  I know it's not classic Barbour, but I'm pretty excited to see how it fits.  

 

if anyone's interested, barney's has them on sale for $329, returnable.  

post #1874 of 2514

Hi

 

I´m looking do buy a Barbour Ashby Olive color. I have tried it here in my home town of Reykjavik, Iceland but I am looking to save A LOT by buying online. Found this site http://www.ashevillesolutions.com/

 

They have a sale and I´m thinking... is the price to good to be true? The pictures look good and real and the website looks good also.

I´m just affraid of getting some fake stuff from China.

 

If anybody can help its sure would save me some stressing ;)

post #1875 of 2514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlikris View Post

Hi

I´m looking do buy a Barbour Ashby Olive color. I have tried it here in my home town of Reykjavik, Iceland but I am looking to save A LOT by buying online. Found this site http://www.ashevillesolutions.com/

They have a sale and I´m thinking... is the price to good to be true? The pictures look good and real and the website looks good also.


I´m just affraid of getting some fake stuff from China.

If anybody can help its sure would save me some stressing wink.gif

Looks like a fake site to me
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread