or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical Barbour Thread - Page 121

post #1801 of 2546
Thanks for the input gents, I was able to get someone to proxy the Chelsea with the rib collar from London.
post #1802 of 2546
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvoytko View Post

Anyone know what a 40R would wear in the department b commander? Can preorder on end for really cheap right now but i hesr a lot of thingd about the sizing of that particular jacket. Its cut slim already so im leaning towards an XL but 40 is still considered a medium by most barbour styles

If it fits like the tokito jacket, you are going to be a large. I'm a 40R and had the tokito sport in L and it fit pretty well.

post #1803 of 2546
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvoytko View Post

Anyone know what a 40R would wear in the department b commander? Can preorder on end for really cheap right now but i hesr a lot of thingd about the sizing of that particular jacket. Its cut slim already so im leaning towards an XL but 40 is still considered a medium by most barbour styles

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post


XL is going to be gigantic if you wear a 40 suit jacket.
I wear a 44 and got the XL. Measurements at End for the XL are f'd up. YMMV on the other sizes. I went by the measurements on the Barbour site.
http://www.barbour.com/All-Collections/Mens/Waxed-Jackets/Beacon-Sports-Jacket/p/MWX0007OL71L

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopa View Post
 

If it fits like the tokito jacket, you are going to be a large. I'm a 40R and had the tokito sport in L and it fit pretty well.

 

I agree with zippyh: go by Barbour's measurements. I'm a 40R and I'd say I'm right between the medium and large.

 

I went with the medium because I don't wear sweaters under it but if I did, I would have gone with the large. Just a warning though: the sleeves are a bit long on me on the medium and I'm 6'1" and usually get 34" sleeve shirts. The sleeves on the large might be too long.

 

Here's how the medium looks on me:

post #1804 of 2546
Quote:
Originally Posted by zielschuss View Post





I agree with zippyh: go by Barbour's measurements. I'm a 40R and I'd say I'm right between the medium and large.

I went with the medium because I don't wear sweaters under it but if I did, I would have gone with the large. Just a warning though: the sleeves are a bit long on me on the medium and I'm 6'1" and usually get 34" sleeve shirts. The sleeves on the large might be too long.

Here's how the medium looks on me:



Thank you guys so much for the feedback
post #1805 of 2546

Same thing has happened to me...I think my next move is hair dryer to melt the wax and using a cloth to remove it while its in a more liquid form.

post #1806 of 2546

Just received the Dept. B Commander from Haberdash, which I was fortunate enough to get during their 1/3 off sale. This jacket is AMAZING.

 

A note on sizing: I went with my usual size (small) and it pretty much fits perfectly. The sleeves are maybe a half-inch longer than I'd prefer but I have no complaints. My regular suit size is somewhere around 36-37R and the small fits perfectly. Just a word of caution to those that were thinking of sizing up as recommend by some. Probably not necessary unless you are in between sizes and prefer a fit that's not quite as trim. A+.

post #1807 of 2546
I will soon be posting for sale a New Dept. B - Commander Jacket size Medium. Feel free to PM me if you want first dibs.
post #1808 of 2546
why is the commander jacket worth the trouble? its almost never in stock and some overly optimistic ebay resellers have it marked up by as much as 25-50%
post #1809 of 2546

I got a medium Commander and its fits pretty great all over except it's tight in the upper back/shoulders when extending far. Anyone else have this problem?

post #1810 of 2546

International shipping's a bitch, but if a large would fit you better, you might as well just bite the bullet.  What did you pay for that thing?  ~$600?

post #1811 of 2546

$535 for the jacket, $11 for shipping from END, and then $50 and some odd amount for Fed Ex international fees. But the international fees vary and I've heard of the Fed Ex fees going for 100+ and I don't/cant deal with that going both ways, and I'm also not sure if END would accept the return because it has been past their 14 day limit and I have never dealt with them before this. But the jacket actually fits better if I just omit the sweater and wear just a shirt underneath it, which I don't mind doing. 

post #1812 of 2546

My commander fits the same...fine everywhere (long sleeves, I'm short), but the shoulders/back are tight up top. Not like super uncomfortable, but enough to make it difficult to layer if I need to. Hence why I'm trying to sell.

post #1813 of 2546

Yeah same here. I can layer if I really need to, with some discomfort, but I honestly just love the Commander too much to sell it unless I have a backup with me or on the way. I plan on buying a Beaufort in the future for the days when I really need to layer. Even when I'm a fat old man, I'll probably still have my Commander. Even if it doesn't fit. It's personally a very interesting piece in my collection. 

post #1814 of 2546
It's gotten unusually cold here in LA and I've been wearing the hell out of my Chelsea. Loving it!
post #1815 of 2546

Hey guys I just bought a bedale in 40 and I usually wear a 42r jacket. This thing feels huge still! Should I have gone down two sizes? I do feel a little constraint in the shoulders already though. 

 

Also, how does black age? I ordered a sage and a black but I really like how the black looks now. I know that the sage will look awesome with wear though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread