or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical Barbour Thread - Page 117

post #1741 of 2410

I believe they are.  I have 2 and 3 and they are identical.  In fact I wore 2 (the Bracken I believe) today.  I think 1 and 4 are the identical jacket and I think the tweed of it is the same as 2 and 3.  The ventile on 2 is also the ventile used on 1 and 4.  Dave_SFU should be able to confirm it for you, but I'm pretty positive the wool is the same on all of them.  In fact I'm pretty sure they're all from the season.  Not sure what season, but I think it's To Ki To AW12.

post #1742 of 2410
If anyone has a jacket in a size small or chest around 38, then please pm me
post #1743 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

I believe they are.  I have 2 and 3 and they are identical.  In fact I wore 2 (the Bracken I believe) today.  I think 1 and 4 are the identical jacket and I think the tweed of it is the same as 2 and 3.  The ventile on 2 is also the ventile used on 1 and 4.  Dave_SFU should be able to confirm it for you, but I'm pretty positive the wool is the same on all of them.  In fact I'm pretty sure they're all from the season.  Not sure what season, but I think it's To Ki To AW12.

thanks man. i have the 2nd one, scott i believe and was hoping the others were slightly different. looking to pick up either tokihito in L or XL but it may be redundant altough i do like the hoods on both very much
post #1744 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilay05 View Post

If anyone has a jacket in a size small or chest around 38, then please pm me

could search or check my signature. I've also listed it on ebay
post #1745 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


thanks man. i have the 2nd one, scott i believe and was hoping the others were slightly different. looking to pick up either tokihito in L or XL but it may be redundant altough i do like the hoods on both very much

 

I'd recommend going a different route.  AW12 To Ki To was an amazing collection.  I have more than half of it, and not even the Bond coat, and IMHO all of it is better than 3.  1 and 4, being the same piece, isn't bad looking and you can ditch the hood for more of a classic look.  3 isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but I prefer a more "heritage" look.  

 

Depending on your taste, and assuming you don't already have one, you could have a look at one of the more classic coats too.  I just ordered an Ashby from End with the promo code and it's nearly $200 less then getting it here in the States.  Still if you can grab some To Ki To AW12 you'd do well.  In fact I'm still waiting to find a Hidcote.  I should have just proxied it for full price.

post #1746 of 2410
I am looking for a Barbour International in size 40. Drop me a line if you are interested in selling.
post #1747 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

I'd recommend going a different route.  AW12 To Ki To was an amazing collection.  I have more than half of it, and not even the Bond coat, and IMHO all of it is better than 3.  1 and 4, being the same piece, isn't bad looking and you can ditch the hood for more of a classic look.  3 isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but I prefer a more "heritage" look.  

Depending on your taste, and assuming you don't already have one, you could have a look at one of the more classic coats too.  I just ordered an Ashby from End with the promo code and it's nearly $200 less then getting it here in the States.  Still if you can grab some To Ki To AW12 you'd do well.  In fact I'm still waiting to find a Hidcote.  I should have just proxied it for full price.

Where did you get the promo code for "End?"
post #1748 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutter66 View Post


Where did you get the promo code for "End?"

WINTER20, 20% off on almost everything. They sent out an email.

post #1749 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilz4 View Post

WINTER20, 20% off on almost everything. They sent out an email.

Thanks. I will get on the email list.
post #1750 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

I'd recommend going a different route.  AW12 To Ki To was an amazing collection.  I have more than half of it, and not even the Bond coat, and IMHO all of it is better than 3.  1 and 4, being the same piece, isn't bad looking and you can ditch the hood for more of a classic look.  3 isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but I prefer a more "heritage" look.  

Depending on your taste, and assuming you don't already have one, you could have a look at one of the more classic coats too.  I just ordered an Ashby from End with the promo code and it's nearly $200 less then getting it here in the States.  Still if you can grab some To Ki To AW12 you'd do well.  In fact I'm still waiting to find a Hidcote.  I should have just proxied it for full price.

thanks man - youre very helpful. im trying track down a spey fishing jacket in olive tweed, also from fw12 i believe. also regarding size, did you go tts or size up one? I took a large (im tts L) in the scott bracken jacket and its a comfortable fit with the liner. Dont think I could layer a sweater though. Considering going with an XL in the spey
post #1751 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

I'd recommend going a different route.  AW12 To Ki To was an amazing collection.  I have more than half of it, and not even the Bond coat, and IMHO all of it is better than 3.  1 and 4, being the same piece, isn't bad looking and you can ditch the hood for more of a classic look.  3 isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but I prefer a more "heritage" look.  

Depending on your taste, and assuming you don't already have one, you could have a look at one of the more classic coats too.  I just ordered an Ashby from End with the promo code and it's nearly $200 less then getting it here in the States.  Still if you can grab some To Ki To AW12 you'd do well.  In fact I'm still waiting to find a Hidcote.  I should have just proxied it for full price.

thanks man - youre very helpful. im trying track down a spey fishing jacket in olive tweed, also from fw12 i believe. also regarding size, did you go tts or size up one? I took a large (im tts L) in the scott bracken jacket and its a comfortable fit with the liner. Dont think I could layer a sweater though. Considering going with an XL in the spey

Do not size up with the Spey.
I got a non-Tweedy one. Fit is pretty boxy.
post #1752 of 2410
thanks zippy. do you have any of the tweed tokito?? curious as to how they hold up in the rain and youre probably as experienced as anyone with the moisty elements
post #1753 of 2410
I've got the Shacklton in tweed.
http://www.endclothing.co.uk/barbour-x-tokihito-yoshida-shackelton-jacket.html

It may rain a lot here in Seattle but it's rarely a heavy rain. Just a constant drizzle.
The Schackleton works pretty well for these conditions. Plus it seems to have been treated with some kind of waterproofing agent.
post #1754 of 2410
could anyone with experience with the bracken oates comment on sizing? tts or size up 1?
post #1755 of 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

I've got the Shacklton in tweed.
http://www.endclothing.co.uk/barbour-x-tokihito-yoshida-shackelton-jacket.html

It may rain a lot here in Seattle but it's rarely a heavy rain. Just a constant drizzle.
The Schackleton works pretty well for these conditions. Plus it seems to have been treated with some kind of waterproofing agent.

from the site: 100% Waterproof Laminated Shetland Wool Construction

thanks Z. glad I can still find this stuff before its too late
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread