Providing the waxing is maintained very well - your top half should remain dry whilst everything from your arse downwards will be soaked...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- BARBOUR TOKITO TOKIHITO BEACON HERITAGE BRACKEN TWEED SCOTT JACKET Large Last post on 8/18/15 at 3:36pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Which barbour model is this? Last post on 11/19/13 at 9:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Barbour Jacket Alteration Question Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- What kind of jacket to wear to walk around within school building? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:13pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
Offical Barbour Thread - Page 89
Styleforum Top Picks
thanks, I tried Durham and the fit is superb. I was thinking to use it for Spring/Fall weather. It has option to use with liner for colder temps.
We were discussing the inner arm lining in a specific Beacon Heritage coat...not a "classic" Barbour's fit.
I recently purchased the Ashby jacket and am quite happy with its relatively slimmer fit. Still allows for layering in the cold but it is much sleeker and more modern fitting without losing the classic Barbour look. It is shorter than the Beaufort as well.
An attempt to offer sizing help: the downside is it comes in M,L sizes rather than 40,42 sizes. I am about a 41 and like the way my L Ashby fits me. My sleeves are 36 and the Ashby's sleeves are only barely too short - a trade off I'm willing to make for the fit.
New barbour stuffs on my auctions !
Bag and shoes !
I have the Martindale in a M and preferred the Ashby In a Large. They're very similar I would say...I debated finding a large for the Martindale after receiving the M as a gift. During my search for size, I tried the Ashby in a large and it seemed to fit well. Never found the L, kept the M, and couldn't be happier. Long story short I would say the Martindale is a slightly larger jacket.
- Offical Barbour Thread
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Drake's Grenadine Tie, Pocket Square 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?