they havent put anything on sale yet right? waiting for a navy bedale to go on sale. missed out on the 30% off jcrew deal
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- BARBOUR TOKITO TOKIHITO BEACON HERITAGE BRACKEN TWEED SCOTT JACKET Large Last post on 8/18/15 at 3:36pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Which barbour model is this? Last post on 11/19/13 at 9:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Barbour Jacket Alteration Question Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- What kind of jacket to wear to walk around within school building? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:13pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
Offical Barbour Thread - Page 81
I went for the Beaufort in Rustic - I like it and it gets better with wear, but I already had an olive Barbour (trooper).
Yes, it's brown with a hint of red. Rust.
By the way, the G-town store is worth going to if for no other reason that for talking to the manager, who is both beautiful and friendly. I should add patient, too, since I've now been in there twice trying stuff on without spending a dime.
Does anyone have any experience with the Barbour Repair Department in New Hampshire in terms of mailing your jacket to them for alterations? I need to alter my jacket but cannot find an official place in Canada. According to their website, they'll do alterations for Cdn customers but ive read some frightening reviews about jackets being lost and lack of customer service. Your insights would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
I think it's great.
Would not work for me, Bedale are too short, and I prefer the models with belts..
..but others of different body types than mine would make it work just fine.
It is a nice, subtle design change for the Bedale.
Hello to everyone, just a question, I recently purchased a beautiful Barbour Longhurst Jacket in size M , and after receiving it, I had a doubt about its size, so I wondered if anyone could help me here, because the customer service didn't gave me a satifying answer.
The fact is that I feel it is a bit tight under my arms and on my shoulders, also, the sleeves seems just slightly short, but I think this comes from the cutting of the jacket. Nonetheless, the jacket is allright in terms of depth on the chest.
I often have that kind of issues with my garments, because I have large shoulders for my size, and i'm not very thick, so I'm often between two sizes.
I measure 179cm, for 75kgs, and my measurements are:
104cm / 41 inches (approx) for my chest circumference
52 cm / 20.5 inches from shoulder to shoulder
60 cm (approx) / 23.5 inches for the back length
50 cm (approx) / 20 inches from pit to pit
67 cm / 26.3 inches for my arms lenght (to the basis of the thumb)
86cm / 34 inches for the waist
Which size would you advise me to take? I fear to have an excessively oversized jacket if I change for a L large one.
Many thanks in advance for your responses gentlemens, and greetings from France.
Here are some pictures:
Real quick, I think I get where he's coming from. Looks great, but he can feel it just above the armpit. Happens with one or two Tokihito Beacon Heritage pieces for me like the Wool Fisherman's jacket. Large looks great on me, especially in the body, but it's just too uncomfortable above the pit. The rest of the Tokihito I bought in Large are all fine. So with the Wool Fisherman's jacket I have an XL on the way which I'll be getting altered from just below the chest down.
Thomas Jardin, I would make sure you're comfortable. Looks great in the photos, but if it's uncomfortable then you probably don't want it. If the size up is more comfortable and you think you can have a tailor do something with it, then maybe explore that option. It'll probably cost you a bit though.
Agree with everyone else about the arms up thing. I think extending your hand out straight ahead as if to grab a door or shake a hand is more realistic. Maybe hugging yourself (don't laugh) gives you and idea too. Sit down in it as well.
+1. The sleeves, shoulder and overall fit look great to me. It feels awkward for me if my sleeves come near the joint of the thumb and index finger and prefer the length as in the picture (even a bit shorter than that as I could wear gloves). Also prefer a slim fit like yours in the picture.
If you plan to exercise and move your arms a lot then I understand that the tight arm pit might feel awkward but I like the look of the fit. Like BLAUGRANA said, if the arm pit now feels definitely too tight for you, then you may want to consider the size. I suspect L with the same clothing underneath may be too boxy and alterations could be needed if you want similar (good) look.
- › Junkard Boots 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Yuketen Chuck Size 9 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 9 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 10 minutes ago
- › NIB 9.5 B/D Alden #8 Shell Chukka Boots 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 15 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...