or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoes: C&J or Carmina?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoes: C&J or Carmina? - Page 10

post #136 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarim View Post

In what way are they awesome.

I am not sure which model of Carmina was being discussed last year. The Carmina image in the original post is not pulling up on my screen. FWIW I wear both brands, but if I lived in Paris and had access to the store at l'Opera, I would buy more Carmina.
post #137 of 145
while we are on the topic, how does the simpson last fit vis a vis the 348 last. I take a 9 in the 348 which fits great. What would you guys recommend on the simpson?
post #138 of 145
I found the Simpson last to be a little more narrow.
post #139 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

while we are on the topic, how does the simpson last fit vis a vis the 348 last. I take a 9 in the 348 which fits great. What would you guys recommend on the simpson?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

I've been looking at Carmina's also. How does Carmina's Simpson last compare to C&J's 348 last? Did you guys have to size up, down or stay the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmann View Post

I have to go half size up, as the Simpson is a bit narrow.
post #140 of 145
seems I may be retarded.
post #141 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiletduck View Post

Haven't seen great quality shoes out of China. There have been quite a lot of Chinese makers ordering from these big brands trying to copy - but it has mostly been copies of style only. They don't have the right machines and expertise ...yet... especially in the shoe-making arena. Hopefully they'll be able to do good quality shoes soon!
Good thing happen very soon.
They have good machines and teachers now in goodyear factory.
It very very good.

Quote:
Wouldn't mind seeing some quality shoes made in China in order to also see some quality hit the market at affordable prices!
You will.
post #142 of 145
Hi,

Someone owning shoes on both 348 and Simpson;
I do not like the 348 last IRL, I think it is too elongated/pointy, however I often think it looks OK on pictures.
I really like the look on almost any shoe onethe Simpson last (so in love with their chukka in burgundy shell). But I've never seen any IRL.

So, am I likely to get the same experience IRL with the Simpson last? Is it as elongated and pointy as is the 348?
Edited by Swede66 - 3/20/12 at 2:04pm
post #143 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Hi,
Someone owning shoes on both 348 and Simpson;
I do not like the 348 last IRL, I think it is too elongated/pointy, however I often think it looks OK on pictures.
I really like the look on almost any shoe onethe Simpson last (so in love with their chukka in burgundy shell). But I've never seen any IRL.
So, am I likely to get the same experience IRL with the Simpson last? Is it as elongated and pointy as is the 348?

Nope. The Simpson is an awesome last. Slightly chiseled, not too elongated. And this is coming from a dude who has a pair in size 12.
post #144 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

Nope. The Simpson is an awesome last. Slightly chiseled, not too elongated. And this is coming from a dude who has a pair in size 12.

So would you say it's like the 337?
post #145 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

I found the Simpson last to be a little more narrow.

Simpson is more narrow than 348? I already go half-size down rather than full-size for the pair of 348 shoes I tried, so maybe Simpson isn't going to work for me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoes: C&J or Carmina?