• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handmade Shoes

piergiacomi

Reaction score
Hi to all, my name is Emanuel and I'm Italian, my father is an artisan and he produces hand-made shoes with "Bentivegna construction" and "Norvegese costruction". I have come here by accident, and I saw that there are many people competent: I would ask what you think of his work. This is our website, but for now there is still no English version http://www.piergiacomishoes.com/site/en/collection.html If I'm wrong places, you can safely delete Excuse for my english
happy.gif

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't really care for the look of Bentivegna construction and Norvegese costruction, but furthermore, I don't like the shape of the lasts, especially the pointed up toes. I think some of the style and color choices are a bit, well, gaudy.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i would wear these shoes. they look high quality, a bit gaudy ,yes, somewhere along the lines of borgioli and martegani. but much better made.

I don't know about Marteganni, they are much more classic looking then these. These look like John Varvatos and John Fluevog took a shoemaking class together.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I don't know about Marteganni, they are much more classic looking then these. These look like John Varvatos and John Fluevog took a shoemaking class together.

i agree the toes have the JV curl but the styling and color scheme kind of remind me of the borgiolis/martegani/gravati grouping of shoes sold on the old website francos.com
the marteganis sold here through rider (affiliated with francos? not sure) i know are more of the classic types

btw, op , how much d o the shoes run for USD?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i agree the toes have the JV curl but the styling and color scheme kind of remind me of the borgiolis/martegani/gravati grouping of shoes sold on the old website francos.com
the marteganis sold here through rider (affiliated with francos? not sure) i know are more of the classic types

btw, op , how much d o the shoes run for USD?

I was talking to Ron about Martegannis at his last trunk shoe at Leffot. He said he bought the name so when you are buying Martegannis you are getting "Rider Boot Co", which are made in the Cortina factory.

piergiacomi

Reaction score
The photos are also "homemade"; I thank you for ideas and advice.
Right now talking to a customer about own site, and told me that the pictures are not true; he purchased
n_pezzounico_testamoro_1.jpg

The color scheme is indicative only, because we use natural leather that we can give any color.
Mi father in this year celebrates 50 years of shoes.
Thanks

miurasv

Reaction score
i would wear these shoes. they look high quality, a bit gaudy ,yes, somewhere along the lines of borgioli and martegani. but much better made.

What's wrong with the Borgioli shoes in your opinion?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I don't really care for the look of Bentivegna construction and Norvegese costruction, but furthermore, I don't like the shape of the lasts, especially the pointed up toes. I think some of the style and color choices are a bit, well, gaudy.

What the hell is the point of that? It looks horrible and is completely incorrect in a biometrical sense.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

piergiacomi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joenobody0
What the hell is the point of that? It looks horrible and is completely incorrect in a biometrical sense.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

This is a personal opinion, because those who have requested them loves that kind of tip upward; this photo is not done well, in fact the shoe is more slim, and walking is very rewarding.
We decided to put it on the site as is comfortable.
Then even those who are comfortable with the low point, no one doubts; styles are probably a little different, that's all.
Today or tomorrow we finish a pair of pointy shoes goodyear low, tomorrow will post the photos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads