• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Des Merrion status or whereabouts?

PITAronin

Reaction score
Gentlemen (esp those residing in England) - I'd appreciate it if anyone could let me know (PM is fine) about whether Des has resolved his legal issues and has returned to work. He and I have unfinished business related to a suit and none of the contact info I have for him seems to be working, emails not being responded to, etc.

Thanks

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the data on his web site is incorrect/no longer in use?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If I had a dollar....

oh well nevermind

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could contact him via Formby on the Film Noir Buff website if his website fails :-

Originally Posted by formby
Gentlemen,

Des Merrion has now been released and is back tailoring. Whilst he is getting himself re-established he has informed me that discounts are available for new and existing customers.

He is contactable by e-mail through his website and if you wish to contact him by phone PM me and I will give you his contact details.

http://www.desmerrion.com/

Last edited by formby (2010-09-15 12:18:38)

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Last I heard he was in prison.

Was he illegally smuggling firearms into England?

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
According to the press, yes. Apparently he's since been released, though. I hadn't been aware of that.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar

If the government makes illegal laws against its citizens it can claim anything against it citizens and do anything as they did with him. What is England? A third world country masquerading as something better?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greger
If the government makes illegal laws against its citizens it can claim anything against it citizens and do anything as they did with him. What is England? A third world country masquerading as something better?

So true. Its completely harmless for someone to illegaly import a firearm for personal use.

EDITED: As per the article cited below.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
So true. Its completely harmless for someone to import a sawed-off shotgun for personal use.

Not what I heard as to why he spent time somewhere from home.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greger
Not what I heard as to why he spent time somewhere from home.

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news/...l/article.html

I was mistaken - he was illegaly importing a Ruger .22, but was also charged with owning a sawn-off shotgun.

I have nothing against Des, and I'm sure he's an ok guy and a competant tailor. But lets not pretend that he was blameless, and an innocent victim of a silly and archaic government law.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wow. anyone care to give a summary of what happened?

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, he was completey at fault and got what he deserved. Though, he's now out and that should be the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads