or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Comic Book Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Comic Book Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post
I saw this at blockbuster and considered it. It was good?

Yah, it's pretty good for an animated film in it's genre. Definitely worth a watch if you're a comic book fan. Just download it, 720p version for it is less than 2GB iirc.
post #17 of 215
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
Y: The Last Man

Really enjoyed the first bit, but I found the ending a bit of a let down. I hear they're making a movie now.
post #18 of 215
^ Do you remember what exactly about the ending you found a let-down?
post #19 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC4President View Post
This week i have been reading the Alan Moore Swamp Thing comics. Really good
Great stuff. It's pretty interesting how Frank Miller got his start with a B-list Marvel character (Daredevil) and Moore made his bones with a C-list DC character (Swamp Thing). They probably wouldn't have had a fraction of the freedom had they been given the keys to a franchise character.
post #20 of 215
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
^ Do you remember what exactly about the ending you found a let-down?

I haven't read it since the release, but basically I found that we were lead on this somewhat epic of a journey, and it just petered out..... I was led to believe that the main guy was somehow special, but in the epilogue he was put on something of a back-burner in the grand scheme of things.

Plus the monkey.....
post #21 of 215
Has anybody read Tomb of Dracula or Walt Simonson's Thor? I've heard great things about both but I'm not sure which to invest in first. Also, anyone who likes comics should read this:
post #22 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.R. View Post
I haven't read it since the release, but basically I found that we were lead on this somewhat epic of a journey, and it just petered out..... I was led to believe that the main guy was somehow special, but in the epilogue he was put on something of a back-burner in the grand scheme of things. Plus the monkey.....
I see. I understand how the ending seemed to divide a lot of readers but personally, I thought it was superb. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't flawless. I always enjoyed the dialogue and character interactions as opposed to the big-picture storytelling though. That might play a part on why I liked it. And I enjoyed the monkey. I never understood the hate.
post #23 of 215
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
I see. I understand how the ending seemed to divide a lot of readers but personally, I thought it was superb. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't flawless. I always enjoyed the dialogue and character interactions as opposed to the big-picture storytelling though. That might play a part on why I liked it.

And I enjoyed the monkey. I never understood the hate.

I can see where you're coming from, and the interactions were quite well done, I just wanted a more meaningful ending I suppose. (For him, at least)

The monkey, I did enjoy. What I meant was I didn't like the ending of the monkey haha.
post #24 of 215
Lol. Poor Ampersand. If they ever do the movie, I'm pretty sure he'll be the hardest thing to adapt onto the big screen.
post #25 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post
Has anybody read Tomb of Dracula or Walt Simonson's Thor? I've heard great things about both but I'm not sure which to invest in first.

Also, anyone who likes comics should read this:

I used to love Tomb of Dracula as well as Werewolf by Night. I probably have 75% of the total run of both series.
post #26 of 215
I figured this place is as good as any for a news as such.


Quote:
After 50 Years, Which Fantastic 4 Hero Gets Offed?

Sorry, Human Torch fans: The iconic Marvel Comics character is no more. The Torch, aka Johnny Storm, died in issue No. 587 of the Fantastic Four comic book, released today. The high-profile death comes 50 years after the Fantastic Four's debut, as part of an epic storyline that will see the end of the series with issue 588. "There won't be an issue 589," says a Marvel executive. "Beyond that, we're not ready to say exactly what we're doing."

The Fantastic Four were formed in August 1961, four normal people transformed by cosmic radiation into Mr. Fantastic, the Invisible Woman, the Thing, and the Human Torch. Of course, death in comic books is rarely permanent, and other members of the team have been thought dead in the past. But Marvel's chief creative officer tells the AP what is important is not the Human Torch's death, but how the story is told: "I can assure you that it's going to be very, very interesting and not what anyone expects."
post #27 of 215
Back when I followed FF, this stuff used to happen almost annually. I remember when The Thing died and they retrieved his soul from Heaven. And though not technically a death, there was also that storyline where Black Panther and Storm took over Richard and Sue's positions on the team. Still, I can't say I'm not a little intrigued..
post #28 of 215
Is Robin still dead?

I stopped reading comics right around then.
post #29 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal View Post
Is Robin still dead? I stopped reading comics right around then.
There are/were like 5 Robins. Not to mention the other alternate universe/different earth versions.
post #30 of 215
He's probably talking about Jason Todd. The only character that hasn't been resurrected (so far as I know) is Uncle Ben..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Comic Book Thread