or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Most overrated movie/actor.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Most overrated movie/actor. - Page 3

post #31 of 203
Act Ben Affleck

Movie: DANCES WITH WOLVES
post #32 of 203
I do not like Adam Sandler, Jim Carrey, or Chris Farley, though many people certainly seem to like them.
post #33 of 203
Being John Malkovitch is a brilliant movie.
So as actor.

Most overrated movies:

Shakespeare in Love.
10 Weddings and the funeral.
Every "Ocean.." whatever flick.

Al Pacino is overrated? God father? Scarface? Glengarry Glenn Ross?

I have to add that once you put one of the greatest actors to watch on screen like: Pacino, Cain or Malkovitch into category of overrated you pretty much niche yourself as BatMan/SpiderMan/BlueManGroup aficionado.
post #34 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
10 Weddings and the funeral.

I never got past the fourth wedding.
post #35 of 203
irreversible (the violence was the only 'good' thing about it)
daniel radcliffe
post #36 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios
I will set the ball rolling.
Actor:
Sean Connery without doubt.Even when he is playing a Russian he still has a Scottish accent.

Watch his incredible performance in The Offence and then get back to me.

koji
post #37 of 203
I'm taking this very literally. Over Rated. It's very specific. Samuel L. Jackson belongs nowhere on this list, because first of all, nobody with any credibility has ever seriously claimed that Samuel L. Jackson is a great actor. He takes roles suited for him, and his particular style, and has cornered the market on "angry black man". But overrated? Hardly. Either you like him (I do) or you don't, but you cannot seriously claim that he's overrated. Same goes for the likes of Vin Deisel, Adam Sandler, and etc. These are not people who are being "rated" so highly that it is evident that they are overrated. Thusly, I'm going to spit my game:

Most overrated movie: Star Wars (IV: A New Hope)

Most overrated actor: Leonardo DiCaprio

Most overrated actress: Jodie Foster
post #38 of 203
I don't know about "most overrated" but "History of Violence" with Viggo Mortenson was one of the most disappointing movies I've seen in the last few years. I'd heard some good stuff about it before I went and was looking forward to it. It really, really sucked.
To me, lame movies with artistic pretensions are far more painful than lame movies that don't aspire to be anything more than enjoyable fluff. Thus, "You, Me and Dupree", or any movie with Jennifer Aniston or Sandra Bullock, cannot even get on the ballot for "most overrated" imho, even though they're the sort of movies I bitch about endlessly when my wife drags me to them.
Oh, and Basic Instinct 2 was really dreadful, too. Painfully bad. Never having seen the first one, I had no expectations and thus can't say it was overrated. But my wife had seen and liked the first one, and she thought #2 sucked too.
post #39 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist
As for comedy, I think Owen/Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn, and Ben Stiller are spectacularly overrated. They fail miserably in the frat boy humor they're always trying to portray, and they're all just awful. That comedy brat pack is something I don't understand, but almost everyone thinks I'm crazy for disliking them.


Add me to that list. Those guys are seriously funny.

Most overrated actor is Al Pacino. He over acts everything.
post #40 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Being John Malkovitch is a brilliant movie.
So as actor.

Most overrated movies:

Shakespeare in Love.
10 Weddings and the funeral.
Every "Ocean.." whatever flick.

Al Pacino is overrated? God father? Scarface? Glengarry Glenn Ross?

I have to add that once you put one of the greatest actors to watch on screen like: Pacino, Cain or Malkovitch into category of overrated you pretty much niche yourself as BatMan/SpiderMan/BlueManGroup aficionado.

actually my favourite actors are Deniro, Ed Norton, Johnny Depp, Pacino, DiCaprio...

I just don't like Malkovich, sorry.
post #41 of 203
I've thankfully never seen anything by him, but every time I see Will Ferrel, and his noxious presence on anything, it's been awful.
post #42 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist
As for comedy, I think Owen/Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn, and Ben Stiller are spectacularly overrated. They fail miserably in the frat boy humor they're always trying to portray, and they're all just awful. That comedy brat pack is something I don't understand, but almost everyone thinks I'm crazy for disliking them.

Don't add me to the list of those who think you're crazy. Whether or not that is a dubious distinction, however, is not something I can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
[...] every time I see Will Ferrel, and his noxious presence on anything, it's been awful.

Manifestly.

Regards,
Huntsman
post #43 of 203
For those who knocked Pacino, you should see Insomnia. No bellowing.

For those that knocked Caine, you should see the Quiet American.

And I have seen Julia Roberts give good performances in Mary Reilly and Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. Her debut in Mystic Pizza was good too. BTW, anyone seen Annabeth Gish in Brotherhood on Showtime? She's underrated and the show is very good.
post #44 of 203
One of my favorite actors who died is River Phoenix.
post #45 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I've thankfully never seen anything by him, but every time I see Will Ferrel, and his noxious presence on anything, it's been awful.

Haven't you seen 'Zoolander'?

I think its a must for anyone who reads this forum.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Most overrated movie/actor.