or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › British workwear / heritage brands
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

British workwear / heritage brands - Page 4

post #46 of 97
Write up of the Cooper and Stollbrand factory: http://one-up-manship.blogspot.com/2...om-proper.html. Their in-house brand: http://www.privatewhitevc.com/index.php/homepage.
post #47 of 97
I think Musto should get a mention. They have been around for 46 years now. I've owned a fleece and and an offshore jacket, both of which were very well made.
post #48 of 97
So, about Heritage Research, all of you guys who bought their garnments found out they fit small? I'm looking for a wilderness parka but i don't know if with 40' chest and 5.4 ft. tall (short) i better fit in small or medium, any advice?
post #49 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo View Post
So, about Heritage Research, all of you guys who bought their garnments found out they fit small? I'm looking for a wilderness parka but i don't know if with 40' chest and 5.4 ft. tall (short) i better fit in small or medium, any advice?
I have a jacket (non parka) and a sweater and find they fit slightly big. I do have a parka on the way though. I went with my standard size in the parka.
post #50 of 97
Shouldn't brands such as Corgi and Sunspel get a mention as well? I realise they're underwear brands, but nonetheless... Also I'm not sure I saw Lavenham in the initial post. Belstaff also surely? Pringle and Smedley? Garbstore?
post #51 of 97
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo View Post
So, about Heritage Research, all of you guys who bought their garnments found out they fit small? I'm looking for a wilderness parka but i don't know if with 40' chest and 5.4 ft. tall (short) i better fit in small or medium, any advice?

I would guess medium - I've only got two overshirts - both L and they're just big enough for my 42.5 chest.
post #52 of 97
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhewee View Post
Shouldn't brands such as Corgi and Sunspel get a mention as well? I realise they're underwear brands, but nonetheless...

Also I'm not sure I saw Lavenham in the initial post. Belstaff also surely?

Pringle and Smedley? Garbstore?

I think Garbstore has been mentioned.

Sunspel T's are nice.

Lavenham looks good, but i haven't tried their stuff.

I confess I think of Belstaff as Italian despite it's British origin - quality seems good, prices a little steep.

Smedley - nice knitwear. Pringle I think have seen better day's although maybe they're due for a revival - I wasn't impressed with the quality of recent stuff.
post #53 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post
Smedley - nice knitwear. Pringle I think have seen better day's although maybe they're due for a revival - I wasn't impressed with the quality of recent stuff.
Sadly true. I actually went into a Pringle shop at Christmas - I remember their socks were expensive, but excellent quality. Their priciest pair sported a nice, retro box, but the socks were made in China. Of course, we do have Cordings, most hunting and shooting wear, but lovely quality. Company now owned by Eric Clapton I believe.
post #54 of 97
I only have my older Pringle cashmeres, from the days the neck label still had a royal warrant.
post #55 of 97
Yeah pringle stuff rocks. I think now they are more into making golf polo shirts etc.
post #56 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post
I would add Brady Bags. They are still made in the UK with top materials (unlike Barbour bags which are now made in Asia). No one makes a better bag of it's kind.

just went into this thread to ask about a bag maker i couldn't remember! thanks lol!
post #57 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post
[

Anyone got one of their coats - how generous are they? A size 4 supposedly goes up to a 42" with a size 5 starting at 42" - I'm wanting a fairly close fit so a 4 would seem the best option but not if they're snug sized to start with.


I don't know if you can use this, but I'm a 2 in albam and size 3 folk fits me fairly snug.
post #58 of 97
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post
I don't know if you can use this, but I'm a 2 in albam and size 3 folk fits me fairly snug.

Cheers.
post #59 of 97
Anybody own a pair of the Heritage Research JFK chinos? Are they more autumn weight chinos or are they lighter?
post #60 of 97
Private White vc
I visited their store in London the other day. The designs are interesting, mainly influenced by military uniforms and the quality of the products seems to be great. Quite unusual is their use of copper for buttons, zips and quirky details. Private White vc is a new brand by Cooper & Stollbrand in Manchester.

http://www.privatewhitevc.com/

http://cooperstollbrand.co.uk/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › British workwear / heritage brands