or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion - Page 2

post #16 of 1303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewbone View Post
For some reason im really digging the sweater. The shorts are tacky but what can you expect.

Yeah I'm liking it too. And what is up with the shorts, anyway?

Are these jorts?:
post #17 of 1303
^^^ My guess is chambray shorts.
post #18 of 1303
Do people really walk around with the center button of a three-button blazer fastened?
post #19 of 1303
i think the jorts photo is my favorite.
post #20 of 1303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post
Do people really walk around with the center button of a three-button blazer fastened?
Aren't you supposed to? I thought the rule was "Sometimes, Always, Never" when it came to buttons on a blazer/coat.
post #21 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorrapture View Post
Aren't you supposed to? I thought the rule was "Sometimes, Always, Never" when it came to buttons on a blazer/coat.

Depends on how the suit folds. If its a hard and crisp fold, then the top two buttons should be buttoned. If its a soft fold (like the ones mostly found on blazers made of tweed), then only the middle one.
post #22 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorrapture View Post
Yeah I'm liking it too. And what is up with the shorts, anyway?

Are these jorts?:

he looks like the dude from twilight haha
post #23 of 1303
not understanding the outrage at this stuff.. pretty typical jcrew
post #24 of 1303
J. Crew wasn't this hipster back in 05-07. They were known for their classic staples and preppy look. Frank and Jenna are running the brand into the ground with this grungy, faux-high fashion approach.
post #25 of 1303
Trapper jacket was in store yesterday. Olive green color looks like somebody threw up on it. Didn't see the khaki.
post #26 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1 View Post
not understanding the outrage at this stuff.. pretty typical jcrew
F/W was much better than this. I mean, brown quoddy bluchers with a black suit - WTF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by imposter2012 View Post
J. Crew wasn't this hipster back in 05-07. They were known for their classic staples and preppy look. Frank and Jenna are running the brand into the ground with this grungy, faux-high fashion approach.
The current incarnation of teh Crew is much better than 05-07. Used to be like Vineyard Vines. I have been very impressed with Frank and Jenna's efforts until this season. WTF are these looks? Oh, and does anyone else think it's ridiculous that some of these looks are featuring a shitload of layering? I don't know about you guys, but if I wore a sweater in late spring/summer I would have a heat stroke. Jet told me he can't wait to kop all of these looks.
post #27 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by imposter2012 View Post
J. Crew wasn't this hipster back in 05-07. They were known for their classic staples and preppy look. Frank and Jenna are running the brand into the ground with this grungy, faux-high fashion approach.

Do we really need more new england inspired clothing? Seriously look elsewhere.
post #28 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsoren View Post
F/W was much better than this. I mean, brown quoddy bluchers with a black suit - WTF? The current incarnation of teh Crew is much better than 05-07. Used to be like Vineyard Vines. I have been very impressed with Frank and Jenna's efforts until this season. WTF are these looks? Oh, and does anyone else think it's ridiculous that some of these looks are featuring a shitload of layering? I don't know about you guys, but if I wore a sweater in late spring/summer I would have a heat stroke. Jet told me he can't wait to kop all of these looks.
I definitely still love J. Crew and I like most of the stuff that's currently offered. Just wish they would offer some more classic stuff too. Why don't we have any more of the regency ties? J. Crew was built on offering cheaper alternatives to classic preppy brands like Ralph Lauren. They should stay true to its roots: classic with a J. Crew twist... not something urban outfitters would do. Also, quality has noticeably gone down. I think that's my biggest gripe with the brand. I agree with you on the layering thing. The most I'd wear would be cardigan over a tee.
post #29 of 1303
this isn't really s/s, but does anyone have any experience with the mayfield topcoat? how does it fit compared to other j crew? warm?
post #30 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by imposter2012 View Post
I definitely still love J. Crew and I like most of the stuff that's currently offered. Just wish they would offer some more classic stuff too. Why don't we have any more of the regency ties? J. Crew was built on offering cheaper alternatives to classic preppy brands like Ralph Lauren. They should stay true to its roots: classic with a J. Crew twist... not something urban outfitters would do. Also, quality has noticeably gone down. I think that's my biggest gripe with the brand.

I agree with you on the layering thing. The most I'd wear would be cardigan over a tee.

I think, as always, you have to pick and choose with J.Crew. I find their shirtings to be crap with bad fits. The pants are crap with good fits. The outerwear is good quality with crap fits. The suitings (at least the loro piano one I have) are pretty good but expensive for what you get. Their current quality is much better than, say, 1999, but much worse than 1990, if that dates me, so be it.

Seems like every season there are a few surprisingly good items. I have a canvas blanket lined jacket from like 2004 that has worn like iron and a 20-year-old wool CPO that looks like new; conversely, some of their recent lightweight slim-fit chinos haven't survived one season without shrinking or, oddly, getting diaper butt...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion