• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vineyard Vines!

HarrisonK

Reaction score
What does everyone think about the awsome Martha's Vineyard based, Vineyard Vines? The do the "prep" look perfectly with their array of colors for ties, belts, polos, and even there sport shirts. What does everyone else think about them? I think they have done so many things perfectly, but I'll let the pictures do the talking.

1W0066.601.a.detail.jpg

1H0032.738.a.detail.jpg

1OF8401.734.a.detail.jpg

4ABB000.000.a.detail.jpg

1TBB023.453.a.detail.jpg

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may be the whitest brand on the planet.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry man. Growing up near Boston I loathed the boat club set with their summer homes on the cape and ****. I might bring in some prep to my fits but no way in hell am I going to bust out a tie with little whales on it. That said I might wear the first shirt with the gingham ish pattern.

imposter2012

Reaction score
I liked the brand, but I haven't bought much from them because their clothes are cut so horribly and HUGE. I tried on their slimmest fit and I still felt like I swimming in it. That said, I do like their signature patterns.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that whale belt is ******* grail status.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the only product of theirs I can get behind. I have it and wear it with blue shirts to work.

http://www.vineyardvines.com/VV_prod...5.a.detail.jpg

Most of the polos, spot shirts, etc are ill fitting and the whale logo carries too much baggage. If you want preppier clothing, just get stuff from a Ralph Lauren store

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Aren't you that guy that posted the thread about Rugby that read exactly like this one?

You're pretty ******* terrible at this man, let me talk to your boss at your PR firm so she can fire you and hire me.

edit: this is what happens when young kids looking for work can convince old people that they are "online marketing experts"

HarrisonK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
Aren't you that guy that posted the thread about Rugby that read exactly like this one?

You're pretty ******* terrible at this man, let me talk to your boss at your PR firm so she can fire you and hire me.

edit: this is what happens when young kids looking for work can convince old people that they are "online marketing experts"

You sir, are a complete and total idiot. I have no "boss" and I will never have a "boss". There are such things as young kids like me who can go out in the real world and work for themselves and thrive at what they do. I don't need any marketing experts to tell me what I'm doing right and wrong.

I posted about Rugby as well because I like the brand. I like Rugby and I like Vineyard Vines. I acknowledge there are some minor issues both brands need to address but they are very good brands, especially for the "younger" people like myself that don't have to sit under my boss' desk all day sucking his dick for some money to buy what you call, fashionable clothes.

Anyway, back to topic! What does everyone else think about VV? And what is wrong with the whales for a day at the country club or a day at the beach?

Another New Yorker

Reaction score
Awesome and amazing and everything we love down at the southern fraternities. I'm from New England and we rock it pretty hard there too... Call me unabashedly preppy but if vineyard vines is the collegiate Abercrombie (as I've heard it described) then those that wear it look better than the average slob.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BO-RING. they make ties for some colleges which is kind of cool, keeps them from being polyester.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the haircuts on the web site look kind of tacky, like the guys are about to walk into a local car dealership advertisement.

I don't really care for VV, but if you idolize the lifestyle they're selling and have the gut/creatine pecs to fill out the shirts, that's awesome and I'm glad you found your thing.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarrisonK
You sir, are a complete and total idiot. I have no "boss" and I will never have a "boss". There are such things as young kids like me who can go out in the real world and work for themselves and thrive at what they do. I don't need any marketing experts to tell me what I'm doing right and wrong. I posted about Rugby as well because I like the brand. I like Rugby and I like Vineyard Vines. I acknowledge there are some minor issues both brands need to address but they are very good brands, especially for the "younger" people like myself that don't have to sit under my boss' desk all day sucking his dick for some money to buy what you call, fashionable clothes. Anyway, back to topic! What does everyone else think about VV? And what is wrong with the whales for a day at the country club or a day at the beach?
hahaha I have nothing wrong with VV or Rugby, I own and have owned more than my fair share of both, with growing up in CT, changes in personal style, etc. I just have a problem with the way you talk - you write about these brands the way somebody might in their first assignment in marketing 101.

surrender

Reaction score
Living in the South, I see way too much of this stuff on preppy frat douchebags who probably post on totalfratmove.com bragging about how expensive and luxe their clothes are

Their skinny crest ties are pretty nice, but that's about it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads