Sorry for thread-necromancing, but I took advantage of the 50% sale and bought the T.M. Lewin Mayfair Dinner Suit
as mentioned by the OP. Mine is a 38S jacket x 34W trousers.
Bought 26 Jul, shipped 27 Jul, delivered 03 Aug via courier. Total cost was £198.38 + £25 shipping = £223.38
. Amazingly Vietnamese customs didn't charge any import tax and VAT, I just had to pay like £5 for forwarder fee
Just wanna share some info of the suit for anyone who's interested in buying this tux from TML but cannot find such details on the website/stock photos (I think the popular sizes won't be there for long at this price):
- Fabric: Super 110's Merino Wool (84% Wool - 16% Mohair), medium weight
- Country of Origin: Made in China
- Package weight (suit + jacket hanger + trousers hanger + suit cover + carton box): 1.8 kg
Jacket (Please keep in mind this is a 38S
. I'm 5'9" and often find 38R somewhat long for me):
- Constructions: half-canvassed body; half-canvassed padded lapels; lightly padded rope shoulders; fully lined; no collar gap for me
. Non pick stitching lapel's peak might be slightly lower than Zegna's or RLBL/RLPL's, but it's about the same height and length as Hugh Jackman's jacket
. Jacket front also reveals up to four shirt buttons.
- Chest (pit to pit): 20" x 2 = 40"
- Shoulder: 18"
- Sleeve (shoulder seam to cuff): 23.5" with 1-1.5" to lengthen. Non-functioning three kissing buttons with an extra button included.
- Waist: 19" x 2 = 38"
- Length (BoC): 29.5"
- Fits: regular to slim, but requires alteration at the waist and back (for me) to achieve a satisfactory slimfit. Generally not bad for OTR.
- Constructions: single forward pleats; no belt loops; crotch-patched; clean front look (hook closure); lined to knees; sewn-in suspenders' buttons
- Waist: 34" true to size. Sits at my waist nicely.
- Front rise: 12" 3/8
- Back rise: 15" 7/8
- Knees (where lining ends): 9" 6/8
- Leg opening: 8" 5/8
- Inseam (unhemmed): 37"
- Outseam (unhemmed): 48"
- Fits: like tent
. I'll have my tailor nearly remake the trousers (if I plan on keeping it).
TML offers a 3-month return policy, so I'll bring the suit to my tailor first to see if he could or is willing to alter it.
Hope that helps.Edited by orlagu - 8/3/11 at 2:40am