or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Ferrari FF
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ferrari FF - Page 3

post #31 of 75
I like the 612 as well, with the Rossellini/Ingrid Bergman back story, but this car is cool too. It's a real GT car, it's daily drivable, and I'm sure it goes like stink.
post #32 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post
Agreed.

I don't see companies like Lamborghini doing anything like this.

Who could forget the Lambo SUV?
LL
post #33 of 75
That wasn't such a big leap given that Lambo started off making tactors
post #34 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post
The man who buys a Ferrari for practical use has no right buying one at all.

Ferrari are about elegance, power, soul, speed and exhaust notes that can rip off a ladies clothes. If you want a Grand Tourer type car then buy an Aston Martin or MB SLS. The only thing that is really Ferrari on this car is the badge.

This is the equivalent of buying a fighter jet to get to business meetings, or fitting a Lear Jet with guns.

you don't consider a lusso to be a grand tourer? imo 250 gt lusso's are one of the greatest f-cars of all time
post #35 of 75
I don't believe for a second that 2 adults (over 5'6) with regular legs will fit comfortably in the back seat, unless the driver chopped of his legs so he could slide all the way to the front.
post #36 of 75
The first thing I thought when I saw this was 'yuck'. The second thing was would I want to buy any other Ferrari now it has that thing in the stable. The third thing I thought was that the front looks like a rip off of the Citroen C4....strange that Ferrari designers are looking for Citroen for inspiration.
post #37 of 75
How long before that company tries to rip off the Smart car design?
post #38 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj100 View Post
Who could forget the Lambo SUV?

yeah and there hasn't been another one since, thankfully.
post #39 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post
Agreed.

I don't see companies like Lamborghini doing anything like this.

Man, people here really know nothing about cars.



post #40 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post
The man who buys a Ferrari for practical use has no right buying one at all.

Ferrari are about elegance, power, soul, speed and exhaust notes that can rip off a ladies clothes. If you want a Grand Tourer type car then buy an Aston Martin or MB SLS. The only thing that is really Ferrari on this car is the badge.

This is the equivalent of buying a fighter jet to get to business meetings, or fitting a Lear Jet with guns.

Again, this exemplifies a complete lack of knowledge about the marque. They have been making 2+2s since the 1950s starting with the 250 GTE. There has been at least one "practical" model in the range ever since. Not every Ferrari is a race car. They have produced countless GTs.
post #41 of 75
The hatch doesn't bother me all that much, although the car looks a bit unbalanced with such a long hood. The front and sides are a bit bland, and the droopy grill really doesn't hold together. Plus the shape feels so 60s but then the headlights just stick out.

I'd say it just isn't a cohesive look and if it wasn't a luxury brand that brought it out, people would be mocking it more.
post #42 of 75
I'm going to go against the grain here and say it doesn't look all too bad, especially when you see the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr9nPRzVeuk

What worries me is the AWD.

(This is coming from someone who likes the new VW Passat, so beware)
post #43 of 75
This must be a revival of the Ferrari GG50 concept. Looks angrier, but that's about it.
post #44 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83 View Post
Again, this exemplifies a complete lack of knowledge about the marque. They have been making 2+2s since the 1950s starting with the 250 GTE. There has been at least one "practical" model in the range ever since. Not every Ferrari is a race car. They have produced countless GTs.

But how many of those have become true classics? Also a 2+2 does not necessarily translate to a Coupe Grand Tourer; my contention comes from the fact that this looks like Ferrari got jealous of the Panamera and wanted an "in" to "family supercars".
post #45 of 75
Looks like the Ferrari version of BMW's M-coupe. Having said that, I'd LOVE to have one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Ferrari FF