• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

X-Men: FIrst Class (movie thread)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, from the most aniticipated (Batman
biggrin.gif
KR) to the most likely to fail, X-Men First Class is set to come out June 3, 2011. Here's the first set of pics.

x-men-first-class.jpg

From left to right: Magneto, Moira McTaggert, Emma Frost, Azazel, Beast, Alex Summers, Angel Salvatore, Mystique, Charles Xavier

r02u6h.jpg

2mzd44w.jpg

2iup086.jpg

Two_More_Images_From_Men_First_Class_Make_For_The_Banner_1295513567.jpg

At least January Jones is in it, most likely to wear something really provocative.

The actress "” who plays mutant telepath Emma Fros in the movie "” says her outfit makes her feel self-conscious about her body.

"The costumes are insane," says January. "It's a lot of very body-conscious stuff. If you look at the comic book, she's barely dressed. She's got quite the bod, which is very intimidating.
91b50y.jpg

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More like Economy class. LOLcopterz. Seriously though, it can't be worse that Wolverine: Originzzzzzzzzz.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
More like Economy class. LOLcopterz.

Seriously though, it can't be worse that Wolverine: Originzzzzzzzzz.

Despite Wolverine being one of my favs from Marvel, I haven't watched that movie yet... too scared to see what they did to him. (I saw the pics of Deadpool....my favourite, and that scares me off...)

This looks like a parody movie. The costumes are laughable, and the actors look like...well actors...not the characters they're suppose to play. It's like were look at them as good looking people dressed up in costumes, rather than the actual hero.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was waiting for you to make this thread, RFX, lol. Now go make a Spiderman reboot thread! Bigger pic via:
XFC_Lineup_BB_9xW_w2.0_1295464371.jpg
Kevin Bacon Describes His Role in ‘X-Men: First Class;’ Michael Fassbender Talks Costumes Posted on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 by Russ Fischer We’ve now seen a cast photo from X-Men: First Class (expect a better version sometime today) but there was one character not shown: Sebastian Shaw, who is played by Kevin Bacon. In fact, we know little about how the on-screen version of the character will relate to the various portrayals of Shaw in years of X-Men comics continuity. But now Kevin Bacon has explained a bit about his role, which gives us a lot more clues about what to expect. He also confirms a few details about the plot and timeline. Finally, Michael Fassbender adds a few comments, too. Moviefone talked to Kevin Bacon, who said of his appearance,
Quote:
My look is very different from the guy in the comic books. We decided pretty early on that that was not going to translate to film. But there’s a certain kind of style to the suits that I wear, but I don’t have anything extreme in the makeup department. When you first meet me — I don’t want to spoil it — but when you first meet me, I look a little different.
He’s referring to the fact that the classic version of Shaw is stocky, with large mutton chops and a bow-tied pony tail, and slightly baroque gentleman’s garb. The actor adds more detail:
You don’t see much [of his backstory] in the movie, but he’s kind of a self-made man. He lost his father as a young man, made his first million by the time he was 30 and first billion by time he was 40. He’s a very powerful billionaire and also, as it turns out, a mutant. He’s the leader of the Hellfire Club, which is a nightclub for the rich and extremely powerful. And he has a plot to take over the world, so that’s really fun. He’s incredibly good at manipulating people and at taking whatever kind of energy or ability they have and using it to his advantage, like if he’s talking to a German, he’s fluent in German. He’s very charming and able to get whatever he wants.
There are also some good comments from the actor about the scope and timeline of the film. We previously had some of these details via reports from a crew member, but Fox sent out a cease and desist, so we took down that info. But with Kevin Bacon explaining it, we’re free to run the info. So here you go:
The backdrop is the Cuban Missile Crisis, so it’s a little earlier than the Civil Rights era. I don’t think JFK is a character in the movie, but the idea of the possibility of thermonuclear war in our own backyard is there… Yes, [racial tensions are definitely in the film]. And also the fallout from the Holocaust is still there, which you’ll remember is in the first film… The set design is fantastic. I’ve only seen the sets that I’ve been on and they are really interesting and very ’60s modern and super cool, and beautiful. I have one set that’s kind of like an inner sanctum and then I also have a submarine; the inside of the sub has elements of my other set.
And, yes, as is so often the case with a studio film like this, Kevin Bacon is signed for more than one film, which tells us only that Shaw is likely to live through this movie. Finally, here’s what Michael Fassbender told MSN about the film’s costumes:
As for our costumes, we went back and forth on so many things. We added things that worked in the comics, took them away again, and stripped them down again. … When it came to the Magneto suit, you know, there’s various stages of what has been done with it, but you will have something that is traditional to the comics.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Spiderman Reboot has a chance of being good. At least hopefully it will remove all memory of Venom and the symbiote suit........ what a cluster-**** of crap that was.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Was waiting for you to make this thread, RFX, lol. Now go make a Spiderman reboot thread!

lol8[1].gif

In due time...

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
apparently, that FAIL of a cast photo was not approved by anyone.

Per the director:
"I freaked out on them yesterday. I don't know where the hell that came from. I don't think it's a Fox image. It's not a pre-approved image. When I found out, I said, what the **** is this ****, and Fox is running around trying to figure out what happened as well. I agree. It's like a bad photoshop, which maybe it was by someone. It didn't reflect the movie. I was shocked when I saw it. I was like "˜Jesus Christ'...

The costumes are blue and yellow as well, because *******, lets take it back it the original. Also, by the way, those costumes are hardly in the movie. The main costumes are like these cool 60's James Bond..."
The idea of the guy who made kick-ass (great movie) doing a 60's era x-men re-boot sounds kinda cool. The only thing that makes me apprehensive is the light speed production schedule...they're still filming and this thing is due out in June?!!?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I read Jon Hamm filmed a cameo as Don Draper.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
.they're still filming and this thing is due out in June?!!?

Such a timeline is a little aggressive, but certainly not out of the ordinary.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Such a timeline is a little aggressive, but certainly not out of the ordinary.

True...but not for a film of this size. The quotes from the actors/director kind of shine a light on the speed at which they're moving.

January Jones:
Well, we're still shooting it. When I heard it was coming out that quickly, I had a lot of questions. They're editing as we go, doing the visual effects as we go. Obviously, I have a lot of faith in the people we're using for those things. I didn't have to do any wire work, but there was a lot of wire work involved for some of the characters and there are times when you're imagining this is going to be happening behind you so you react to that, which was my first experience with that sort of thing and which was fun. It was like coming to work and being a little kid and using your imagination and times feeling kind of silly, but embracing the fact that it's going to look awesome. And from what I've seen it looks amazingly incredible. Just Emma Frost's diamond form alone I've never seen anything like it.
Director Matthew Vaughn
"I'm at that stage where I feel like a boxer against the ropes. We're filming at the moment, we've a lot to get done. I've never worked under such time pressure. The good thing about the independent world is I never even knew if I was going to get distribution. I'm used to finishing a film and then crossing your fingers that someone is going to like it. This is totally doing it the other way around. We've definitely got a release date and we've got to make it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Higher res pic of the characters.
wkp9qh.jpg

2mouv.jpg

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks awful from that pic. Hopefully it's not true.

I just want to see Beast. He's so awesome.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Angela Bassett as Storm and Estella Warren as Rogue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads