or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › X-Men: FIrst Class (movie thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

X-Men: FIrst Class (movie thread) - Page 4

post #46 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post
Middle guy looks like kevin bacon.
Because it is...
post #47 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
They should have made her like this:


Instead of:


Shit looks like diamond warts all over her body.

Strange. I've never actually seen her in diamond form before. I guess I haven't read many X-Man since 2001.

Not sure I like it but whatever.
post #48 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post
Because it is...

Well I'll be damned.
post #49 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Strange. I've never actually seen her in diamond form before. I guess I haven't read many X-Man since 2001.

Not sure I like it but whatever.

Secondary mutation. (Got it during the Geonosha story line)
post #50 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.R. View Post
Secondary mutation. (Got it during the Geonosha story line)

The second Genosha story line I assume.
post #51 of 218
I recently re-watched the first two X-Men movies and I got to say they hold up well. Wish the third was worth a damn, but they did a bang up job bringing these characters to life with 1 & 2.
post #52 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post
I recently re-watched the first two X-Men movies and I got to say they hold up well. Wish the third was worth a damn, but they did a bang up job bringing these characters to life with 1 & 2.

Are AB and I the only ones who thought the third was entertaining? And this is coming from someone who holds X2 in high regard.
post #53 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
Are AB and I the only ones who thought the third was entertaining? And this is coming from someone who holds X2 in high regard.

Perhaps the only living human beings who did.
post #54 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post
I recently re-watched the first two X-Men movies and I got to say they hold up well. Wish the third was worth a damn, but they did a bang up job bringing these characters to life with 1 & 2.
I knew there was a reason I liked you! People that don't like X1/X2 are probably looking for the comic book brought to the big screen (complete with yellow and blue spandex!), as those two movies are extremely enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
Are AB and I the only ones who thought the third was entertaining? And this is coming from someone who holds X2 in high regard.
The third one is fun to watch for some of the awful lines ("I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!") and action/mutant scenes.

Iceman was awful though.
post #55 of 218
1&2 weren't bad at all. The starship captain was perfectly cast, Jackman wasn't bad, Gandalf was good, if not a bit old. Halle Berry was awful, guy playing Cyclops wasn't very "Cyclops-y", and the rest of them pretty much blew. All in all, a good way to spend 120 minutes.
post #56 of 218
One of my favourite things about X2 is Nightcrawler. The opening scene alone kicks so much ass.
post #57 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
One of my favourite things about X2 is Nightcrawler. The opening scene alone kicks so much ass.
Yeah, but then you realize Alan Cumming is playing him, and it goes to shit from there. Plus, I never understood all that tattoo bullshit.
post #58 of 218
If you're gonna reboot I don't understand why not do one of the alternates like House of M or Age of Apocalypse. The latter is probably too much to deal with I guess. Thanks to TDK, Marvel movies just look unbearably cartoony now.
post #59 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post
I knew there was a reason I liked you! People that don't like X1/X2 are probably looking for the comic book brought to the big screen (complete with yellow and blue spandex!), as those two movies are extremely enjoyable.



Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post
The third one is fun to watch for some of the awful lines ("I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!") and action/mutant scenes.

Iceman was awful though.

I tried to re-watch the 3rd the other day. Couldn't do it. Drives me crazy how bad it is.
post #60 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post
The third one is fun to watch for some of the awful lines ("I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!") .

To be fair, that line was just in it because of the rampant meme at the time.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › X-Men: FIrst Class (movie thread)