Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
Sean Connery is my favorite example, of James Bond. I thought he wore clothes with impressively, with swagger and panache. Brioni has never appealed to me. Not for men, or women.
----Bond has sold out, I mean originally he wore the best and he's English. So ideally, only Savile Row Custom and the classic Rolex Sub (which at the time was pretty high end=1963)
And a freaking omega seamaster.......give me a break.......
Bond was supposed to be reknown for his good taste and the best in life. Another reason why Connery is unsurpassed.
Connery studied movement and did appear like the 'jungle cat' they wanted him to be.
1. also was tall and athletically built (minus DAF) so he had the physical prescence
2. Had the mugg
3. Had some great custom tailoring
4. Wore classic modes of conservative dress that just don't go out of style (minus DAF and that blue thing from GF)
5. He studied movement
6. Terrance Young was the perfect director and set Bond's MO as Young was more real world james bond than Connery at the time at least to sophisticated and elegance.
7. Bond should equal impeccable taste.