I used to work for Frank Miller's old editor at Dark Horse. I don't think you realize how much he's done to change comics.
- He revived Daredevil and totally revolutionized superhero genre bending
- He started the whole Wolverine-cum-samurai deal with chris claremont
- He revived batman with TDK and then hilariously deconstructed it with ASBARTBW
- Big Guy and Rusty The Boy Robot and Hard Boiled with Geoff Darrow were both totally amazing
- TDKSA which was an awesome celebration of superheroes that was entirely misunderstood. It's better off as being thought of as more of a Kingdom Come, rather than a TDKII
I agree. Born Again is one of the best story lines of all time. I enjoyed the Batman stuff when I was younger... but i have since lost interest. The Daredevil work is his best overall IMO.