or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread) - Page 27

post #391 of 2412
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post

Could be Dent he's talking to. That would be my guess.

But he dead...
post #392 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post


Your argument would make more sense if the Nolan films were direct adaptations of said arcs which they are not. Watchmen and V for Vendetta -- while making changes to the books -- still follow the plots of their novels quite closely. The Batman movies by Nolan have always taken elements from different stories but the films themselves have their own unique narrative.

Um, I think you misunderstand my point... my point is that people are expecting Nolan to Follow Knightfall... and I'm stating that Nolan might use elements from it as a basis, but won't stick to that story, unlike Watchmen or V for Vendetta.
post #393 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post


But he dead...

Unless Ra's put him in the Lazarus Pit! tinfoil.gif
post #394 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post


Um, I think you misunderstand my point... my point is that people are expecting Nolan to Follow Knightfall... and I'm stating that Nolan might use elements from it as a basis, but won't stick to that story, unlike Watchmen or V for Vendetta.

While Knightfall is arguably the definitive Bane arc, I don't see Nolan following it as much as fans might think -- after all, he has Batman's return to deal with, the introduction of Selina Kyle, Ra's it looks like, and not to mention the newbie characters played by Gordon-Levitt, Cotillard, etc. It pretty much is speculation at this point but I've never found Nolan to have much difficulty juggling multiple arcs in one film so whatever route he takes , I'm sure it won't end up Spider-Man 3-ish.
post #395 of 2412
And please no Lazarus Pit. I'd rather have him be a clone or something.
post #396 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post


While Knightfall is arguably the definitive Bane arc, I don't see Nolan following it as much as fans might think -- after all, he has Batman's return to deal with, the introduction of Selina Kyle, Ra's it looks like, and not to mention the newbie characters played by Gordon-Levitt, Cotillard, etc. It pretty much is speculation at this point but I've never found Nolan to have much difficulty juggling multiple arcs in one film so whatever route he takes , I'm sure it won't end up Spider-Man 3-ish.

If that happened talk about a disappointment. I wonder how long TDKR is going to be.
post #397 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post


Massive post FAIL:

500

i've never seen it, 39% rotten tomatoes doesn't convince me, similar example in a better movie?
post #398 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychiz View Post


i've never seen it, 39% rotten tomatoes doesn't convince me, similar example in a better movie?

You didn't mention a movie, you mentioned an actor. Ed Norton was praised for his role... and the only time his mask is off is when he is dead. I like the movie, but you have to watch the directors cut... the theater version is WAY too cut down.
post #399 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post


You didn't mention a movie, you mentioned an actor. Ed Norton was praised for his role... and the only time his mask is off is when he is dead. I like the movie, but you have to watch the directors cut... the theater version is WAY too cut down.

+1 for directors cut. This was a great movie.
post #400 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post


But he dead...

I never bought that.
post #401 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post


I never bought that.

I'm not saying he is dead or that he isn't (though Nolan has gone on to say that he is, in fact, deceased), wouldn't bringing him back to life somewhat cheapen the ending of The Dark Knight?
post #402 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Looks like the guy in the back is choking/holding his neck.
animation3qo79.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony K View Post


Yep, looks like he's been lifted off of the ground and is hanging there with his hands around his throat.

His body isn't twitching or jerking though.
post #403 of 2412
They are filming this in a new city right? Not Chicago? One of the only things that kind of irritated me in TDK was the city lost all feeling of personality it had. In Batman Begins, it looks and feels like Gotham. In TDK, it's just a large city. Curious how it will play out in this one.
post #404 of 2412
^ I think it's Pittsburgh.
post #405 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

^ I think it's Pittsburgh.

uhoh.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)