or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread) - Page 155

post #2311 of 2412
Part two hits in 2013. I'd still read it as it's a classic and the animated version is missing some stuff that expands on the overall story.
post #2312 of 2412
Early next year, either winter or spring.
post #2313 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Guys.... Rent this. I couldn't have been happier with how they have handled the material so far. Sure some stuff got cut from the story, but that's to be expected. Can't wait for part 2.

 

FUCK YYEEEESSSS. I loved Oliva's work on the two other Batman flicks

post #2314 of 2412
Eager to see this ^ Will wait for netflix though
post #2315 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Guys.... Rent this. I couldn't have been happier with how they have handled the material so far. Sure some stuff got cut from the story, but that's to be expected. Can't wait for part 2.

Saw this and really liked it. The amazon one and two star reviews for it are cringeworthy.
Most of the DC movies have been pretty top notch (Under the Red hood was excellent) and the current Young Justice TV series is suprisingly good (and has been getting dark).
post #2316 of 2412
Thanks for the heads up on this Jr. Saw it today and it was pretty fucking good. Looking forward to pt. 2.
post #2317 of 2412
Think I'd want to reach across the screen and slap someone who gave it a one or two star review. I can't imagine what they complained about other then being nit-picky comic fans who couldn't stand the idea that some of the material didn't make it.
Edited by Jr Mouse - 10/3/12 at 8:55am
post #2318 of 2412
Now if we can just get a decent animated version of Kingdom Come, I may die happy.



Kingdom_Come_TP.jpg
post #2319 of 2412

My favourite parts were the ones with Carrie Kelly's college friends calling Batman a fascist, civil liberties, being high etc etc. Sums up pretty much everyone i know. 

post #2320 of 2412

also how old is Alfred supposed to be? Hard to believe he's still alive

post #2321 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO EMSHI View Post

My favourite parts were the ones with Carrie Kelly's college friends calling Batman a fascist, civil liberties, being high etc etc. Sums up pretty much everyone i know. 


These themes are much more prevalent in the graphic novel. Wait till part two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO EMSHI View Post

also how old is Alfred supposed to be? Hard to believe he's still alive


He's hanging in there.
post #2322 of 2412
I would love to see them do an animated movie of the "Hush" storyline. As well as "The Long Halloween" and "Dark Victory."
post #2323 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Think I'd want to reach across the screen and slap someone who gave it a one or two star review. I can't image what they complained about other then being nitpicky comic fans who couldn't stand the idea that some of the material didn't make it.

The majority of the one or two stars are from people who thought they were renting Dark Knight Rises and when they found out it was not that and a cartoon they got pissed.
post #2324 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78 View Post

The majority of the one or two stars are from people who thought they were renting Dark Knight Rises and when they found out it was not that and a cartoon they got pissed.


That actually makes perfect sense. Bunch of idiots... baldy[1].gif
post #2325 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

That actually makes perfect sense. Bunch of idiots... baldy[1].gif

LOL Seriously, can people these days read?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)