or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread) - Page 151

post #2251 of 2412
post #2252 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

finally saw this. on the last showing of the last day here. in imax.
that is all.

Y U NO SHARE YOUR OPINION?

anthony and mouse - awesome. laugh.gif
post #2253 of 2412
Showed the girlfriend all three of Nolan's Batman movies this weekend, though I didn't join her for TDKR (already seen it twice)

I gotta say, i think I enjoyed Batman Begins the most. It was the cleanest and most "together" by far. Then again, it was the least "fresh" so that might be affecting my judgement.
post #2254 of 2412

Actually finished watching BB yesterday too.  I only saw this when it came out in 2005, so it was interesting to see all the similarities between BB and TDKR.

 

Let's see, I know there are more than this...

 

+ League of shadows is plotting to destroy Gotham

+ Late reveal of true villain

+ All the police get "incapacitated" 

+ All the bridges don't work

+ Batman reveals himself to a key character and then flies away leaving the character to utter, "Bruce....?"

+ Batman doesn't appear til 2nd half of the movie

+ There is large device that will destroy the city

+ Batman says can defeat the villain, but will ask for help from one of his friends and let them ride one of his vehicles.  

+ Batman appears to Gordon both times with a ski mask

+ There is a stupid police person in charge that is against Batman (not Gordon, but someone else in power, often using the megaphone)

post #2255 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

finally saw this. on the last showing of the last day here. in imax.
that is all.

One day too early, too bad.
post #2256 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony K View Post

lol8[1].gif
post #2257 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

Actually finished watching BB yesterday too.  I only saw this when it came out in 2005, so it was interesting to see all the similarities between BB and TDKR.

Let's see, I know there are more than this...

+ League of shadows is plotting to destroy Gotham
+ Late reveal of true villain
+ All the police get "incapacitated" 
+ All the bridges don't work
+ Batman reveals himself to a key character and then flies away leaving the character to utter, "Bruce....?"
+ Batman doesn't appear til 2nd half of the movie
+ There is large device that will destroy the city
+ Batman says can defeat the villain, but will ask for help from one of his friends and let them ride one of his vehicles.  
+ Batman appears to Gordon both times with a ski mask
+ There is a stupid police person in charge that is against Batman (not Gordon, but someone else in power, often using the megaphone)

Jesus Christ, you're right. So many similarities.
post #2258 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

Actually finished watching BB yesterday too.  I only saw this when it came out in 2005, so it was interesting to see all the similarities between BB and TDKR.

Let's see, I know there are more than this...

+ League of shadows is plotting to destroy Gotham
+ Late reveal of true villain
+ All the police get "incapacitated" 
+ All the bridges don't work
+ Batman reveals himself to a key character and then flies away leaving the character to utter, "Bruce....?"
+ Batman doesn't appear til 2nd half of the movie
+ There is large device that will destroy the city
+ Batman says can defeat the villain, but will ask for help from one of his friends and let them ride one of his vehicles.  
+ Batman appears to Gordon both times with a ski mask
+ There is a stupid police person in charge that is against Batman (not Gordon, but someone else in power, often using the megaphone)

wow. awesome.
post #2259 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

Showed the girlfriend all three of Nolan's Batman movies this weekend, though I didn't join her for TDKR (already seen it twice)

three superhero movies on a nice weekend on the city? She must have been thinking to herself how incredibly lucky she is to have you.
post #2260 of 2412
Bane soundboard
post #2261 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

Bane soundboard

love it. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2262 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

anyway, since we all agree this movie was mediocre and the Bane character was canned hollywood devil.gif what is the next movie coming out of this? I know Nolan and Bale said they are done, but given the ending, is there a Robin movie coming without Batman (that would be awful) or is there a Batman and Robin in the horizon? Will George Takei be the new Batman?

FINALLY saw this tonight, and considering how the "Batman could be anyone" point is continuously hammered home,
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
coupled with the repair of the bat signal, what I got from the end was that Blake was going to become the next Batman. I saw the "Robin" seen as more of a wink to the audience than setting up a spinoff.
post #2263 of 2412
A spin-off with JGL would be dumb unless it was an ultra-dark, balls to the wall type of movie.
post #2264 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

A spin-off with JGL would be dumb unless it was an ultra-dark, balls to the wall type of movie.

They could do New Teen Titans. uhoh.gif
post #2265 of 2412
A Teen Titans movie is too awesome of an idea to ever get made. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)