or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread) - Page 16

post #226 of 2412
Those look like little skeleton fingers on the front of the mask . . .

I know Hardy was pretty big in Bronson, but did he bulk even more for this role?
post #227 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngScholar View Post
Those look like little skeleton fingers on the front of the mask . . .

I know Hardy was pretty big in Bronson, but did he bulk even more for this role?

Looks about the same as he did in bronson imo
post #228 of 2412
He looks scrawny there.
post #229 of 2412
Mask looks kind of odd to me in the picture, but I will hold my judgement till a shot of the full face is revealed.
post #230 of 2412
Oh man Bane! Shit just got REAL!
post #231 of 2412
Schumacher did a number on Bane.
post #232 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
He looks scrawny there.

According to imdb, bale, at 6' is 2 inches taller than hardy at 5'10", although Bane should be massive compared to batman. I wonder if they are going to cgi him up to about 6'6" or so?
post #233 of 2412
Height is one of the easier aspects to fake when making a film. You don't need cgi to make someone taller.
post #234 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy View Post
According to imdb, bale, at 6' is 2 inches taller than hardy at 5'10", although Bane should be massive compared to batman. I wonder if they are going to cgi him up to about 6'6" or so?

Also Nolan doesnt use CGI
post #235 of 2412
Or at least only sparingly.
post #236 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post
Also Nolan doesnt use CGI

That's not true at all. Did you see Inception? Or two face in the Dark Knight? He just uses it well.
post #237 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78 View Post
That's not true at all. Did you see Inception? Or two face in the Dark Knight? He just uses it well.

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/h...7/ff_darknight

i was referring to the dark knight since we are in a dark knight rises thread
post #238 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post
http://www.wired.com/entertainment/h...7/ff_darknight

i was referring to the dark knight since we are in a dark knight rises thread

Where does this say that he does not use CGI? Yes he uses it sparingly, but he still uses it.
post #239 of 2412
"Dark Knight Director Shuns Digital Effects For the Real Thing" title of article "The studio should take heart. Nolan has a cogent Theory of Applied Batmatics: Insist on reality — no effects, no tricks — up to the point where insisting on reality becomes unrealistic." quote from article Doesn't like CGI in movies and purposely avoided it when he made Batman Begins (2005). this is from imdb [Nolan on using CGI in Batman Begins] "I think there's a vague sense out there that movies are becoming more and more unreal, I know I've felt it. The demand we put on ourselves was to be as spectacular as possible, but not depend on computer graphics to do it." he uses CGI rarely, only when there is no other way
post #240 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post
Doesn't like CGI in movies and purposely avoided it when he made Batman Begins (2005). this is from imdb

IMDB isn't the best of sources to quote from, it often get's a lot of things wrong.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)