or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread) - Page 146

post #2176 of 2412
Come on I called 'troll' like 2 weeks ago
post #2177 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Come on I called 'troll' like 2 weeks ago

If I was trolling I've certainly caught a few fish, but i'm not.
post #2178 of 2412
lol, fang hated the movie. big deal.

now, can we talk more about how awesome bane is? i think i would marry tom hardy. and since i keep kosher, i dont even have to worry about CFA.
post #2179 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

lol, fang hated the movie. big deal.
now, can we talk more about how awesome bane is? i think i would marry tom hardy. and since i keep kosher, i dont even have to worry about CFA.

So did Lefty and he's a dog lover so I'm right.
post #2180 of 2412
The Bane speech on the football field was so cornball. The scariest villains scare the shit out of you with little violence (guys like lechter, joker). Shit Ra's was scarier as a villain in the first movie than Bane. Who did Bane kill or fight in the movie that you were like "Holy Shit!". He breaks the necks of a bunch of bit players. Why didn't he kill the commissioner and his men when he caught them? No one died that you felt bad for. Bane was OK, but he didn't display that psychosis that some of the great villains have. You didn't feel like there was something big and scary going on in his head that you couldn't figure out.

There were issues with Batman/Bruce Wayne's character also but I won't get into that.

Anyway, this movie was OK, just wasn't as good as the first two.
post #2181 of 2412
i will agree that it was not as good as the previous one (dont really remember the 1st tbh), and that ledgers joker was a more exciting character than bane, but imo they were different types of villains.

the joker had no clear agenda, he was all about mayhem, so he killed when the mood struck him, or not, it was all pretty random and chaotic. that was his thing.

bane/talia (i assume she had a great deal to do with it) had a clear plan and intent. from getting in with daggert, to using his men for concrete explosives, to bankrupting wayne, to imprisoning batman, to keeping the public at bay with hopes of survival..... he had a set path to destroy gotham and he did not deviate from it. he killed only when he felt it necessary. anyhow, thats how i read his character. and there is something chilling in that.

thats my take, i know others still feel very meh about it. so it is.
post #2182 of 2412

What was the point of the Wall St incursion? Bankrupt Wayne? Surely these hyper-genius criminal minds coud have found another terminal and transfer/trade funds without bringing the entire Gotham police force down on them and potentially compromising the master plan?

 

It's making me sad to think about this, so I'm just going to Batusi my way out.

 

 

lefty

 

P.S. - http://peopledyinglikemarioncotillard.tumblr.com/


Edited by lefty - 8/7/12 at 7:50pm
post #2183 of 2412
ummm, because it made for a more exciting scene than some nerd computer highjacker. and it brought about the ensuing batman return and chase. smile.gif
post #2184 of 2412
They needed to bankrupt Wayne to get his stake in Wayne Enterprises as that was the line that the dude was being fed by Bane in order for his construction crews to do what Bane needed them to do. He was told he'd get control of Wayne Enterprises in exchange for his construction crews doing the work to plant the explosives. Obviously Bane had no intention of fulfilling his end of the deal as he wanted Miranda to get control.
post #2185 of 2412
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post


P.S. - http://peopledyinglikemarioncotillard.tumblr.com/

crackup[1].gif
post #2186 of 2412
So many words in this topic, when only 3 are needed:

Anne Hathaway's ass.
post #2187 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

They needed to bankrupt Wayne to get his stake in Wayne Enterprises as that was the line that the dude was being fed by Bane in order for his construction crews to do what Bane needed them to do. He was told he'd get control of Wayne Enterprises in exchange for his construction crews doing the work to plant the explosives. Obviously Bane had no intention of fulfilling his end of the deal as he wanted Miranda to get control.

I'm all for suspension of disbelief and I'm not trying to be the prick that hates something just to be cool but why would they make Wayne honor those trades when it was obvious that Bane was the guy who put them in. A guy wrecks havoc on the exchange, uses the computer terminals and at the same time/day billions of dollars of trades go in for Wayne but no one was able to put 2 and 2 together and Wayne becomes a pauper?

There would have been better ways to make Wayne have a reason to come back as batman. Something that caused him great pain, a loss like the death of the commissioner or something. So much more could have done with Bane and the cat woman was a throw away character (she comes to the rescue of a kid being accused of stealing an apple, seriously?)
post #2188 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post
ummm, because it made for a more exciting scene than some nerd computer highjacker. and it brought about the ensuing batman return and chase. smile.gif

 

Well that may be "good" movie making for the game boy crowd, but it is actually shitty storytelling. 

 

I hold these to a higher standard then I would a Michael Bay fiasco because this franchise is supposed to be the serious, sombre and adult one. 

 

lefty

post #2189 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Well that may be "good" movie making for the game boy crowd, but it is actually shitty storytelling. 

I hold these to a higher standard then I would a Michael Bay fiasco because this franchise is supposed to be the serious, sombre and adult one. 

lefty

aha, i see what you are saying. but i went into the movie with no such expectations. maybe im not a big enough comic geek. to me its just batman. he is a fictional comic bok hero. a cartoon i watched as kid that i loved. i was hoping to be entertained, and i was. just like when i was a kid. i was not looking for a riveting story ala raging bull. just a good enough story, with some cool characters, some decent fighting, kick ass gadgets, and a good ending. i got what i came for, and the talia twist was an extra bonus.

i mean, was anyone expecting this to win an oscar or something?

high expectations = had a bad time

low expectations = had a great time
post #2190 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post

So many words in this topic, when only 3 are needed:
Anne Hathaway's ass.

this.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)