or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread) - Page 135

post #2011 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Just one minor example of the retardedness. Even if the batmobiles didn't have guns the bad guys were heavily armed. Option A: regroup discover the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition formulate a plan; Option B charge a heavily defended position en masse. Yeah Option B sounds like a winner. Also why didn't the bad guys just kill all the cops in the first place, Ohhhhh even better why didn't she just blow up the freaking bomb as soon as she had it! facepalm.gif

same reason bane didn't kill batman when he had the chance. i swear i can say the same shit about every single movie i watch, or even the comic books. there's always that part where you say "why didn't they just do this? it would've been so much easier". because if they did, then there wouldn't be anything left to watch. you gotta do stupid shit for the sake of entertainment.
post #2012 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight View Post

same reason bane didn't kill batman when he had the chance. i swear i can say the same shit about every single movie i watch, or even the comic books. there's always that part where you say "why didn't they just do this? it would've been so much easier". because if they did, then there wouldn't be anything left to watch. you gotta do stupid shit for the sake of entertainment.

Except in this movie it's not just a few minor plot holes, it's almost every scene. Bruce Wayne can barely walk with a cane, gets brutally beaten suffers serious debilitating injuries that take months to years of physical therapy to recover from (even to get back to his former almost crippled self) but a few push ups on a starvation diet and he's escaping from the inescapable pit and comes back stronger than ever to beat up Bane. Again facepalm.gif I'm not going to go through the whole movie and point out the crapousity of almost every scene but it's assuredly there.

Anyway I'll let you guys get back to your love fest. No more posts here for me.
post #2013 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

As an avid comic reader and Batman fan, I am surprised few seem to have picked up on the one area of the character's personality that Nolan's films changes for the sake of telling the story he wanted. Probably one of the most important of Batman's personality.
Hint: Dark Knight Returns did the same.

Definitely lots of frank miller batman in there, i felt it was dark knight returns with a mix of kinghtfall, any other comic blocks you saw in there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight View Post

that's the problem, you go in there expecting/wanting to see the batman character you read about in the comics. i guess because i never read the comics, i don't sit there trying to compare the two. i can just enjoy the movie on its own.

if you read dark knight returns you will see that this is the batman you read about in the comics or at least a part
post #2014 of 2412

aaaaaaaand...time to unsubscribe from this thread, errr trolls.

post #2015 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

aaaaaaaand...time to unsubscribe from this thread, errr trolls.

 

This.

post #2016 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

A particular favourite of mine was the mass of cops all rushing the bad guys headquarters like they were going over the trenches in WWI ready to be mowed down by the massive firepower arrayed there, ludicrous.

Random lurker here, but +1. I was waiting for this:

I guess we should just appreciate the sparks at the cops' feet to indicate that the baddie are, in fact, shooting.
post #2017 of 2412
I promised I wouldn't threadshit anymore, but that scene in the movie was actually the scene that killed it for me. It was just too much disbelief to suspend - a massive group of cops, many shown in full SWAT gear going into the tunnels, comes out mostly unarmed and trying to fistfight the bad guys Gangs of New York style? I realize it fit the "no killings" theme, and made for some nice imagery, but it was at that point I pretty much gave up on the movie.

I'll echo those that say the second one was the best movie. I really, really enjoyed it. Maybe my appreciation of it has caused me to be overly critical of TDKR
post #2018 of 2412
What does "threadshit" mean? I don't mind dissenting opinions as long as I find those opinions credible. Are people just supposed to only chime in if they agree with the general consensus of the thread? I know I've sometimes gone to absurd lengths to argue on this forum, but I also will concede if I figure someone has a valid point. I guess what I don't understand is why dissenting opinions should be avoided. To me conciliatory argument is more compelling than Person A saying ________ is great/terrible and Persons B - Z going "Yeah, uh-huh. Yeah."
post #2019 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

i would not really call V for Vendetta or Sin City super hero movies, those are comic book movies but none of those are superheros like batman, superman, iron man, spider man, etc

Okay, please use your definition of 'super hero' and apply it to the following 'dark' movies all made after The Crow:

Spawn
The Punisher
The Punisher: War Zone
Constantine
post #2020 of 2412
Great movie. Best of the trilogy. "Batman" not being present for a ton of the movie wasn't an issue for me. I went to go see a good movie, not a comic book movie.
post #2021 of 2412
Batman wasn't present for a large part of Batman Begins either.
post #2022 of 2412
I'm going to see the movie after finishing my exams, hopefully it will be worth the hype. I heard that its predecessor was better, and I'm only a fan of the first movie from this Nolan trilogy.
post #2023 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

Okay, please use your definition of 'super hero' and apply it to the following 'dark' movies all made after The Crow:
Spawn
The Punisher
The Punisher: War Zone
Constantine

thanks for proving my point with crappy movies!

spawn had john leguizamo as the bad guy, punisher was barely ok but not remotely as dark as nolan's batman

crow - batman begins are years 1994 - 2005

anyway dude this is stupid, lets get back to dark knight rises talks
post #2024 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Except in this movie it's not just a few minor plot holes, it's almost every scene. Bruce Wayne can barely walk with a cane, gets brutally beaten suffers serious debilitating injuries that take months to years of physical therapy to recover from (even to get back to his former almost crippled self) but a few push ups on a starvation diet and he's escaping from the inescapable pit and comes back stronger than ever to beat up Bane. Again facepalm.gif I'm not going to go through the whole movie and point out the crapousity of almost every scene but it's assuredly there.
Anyway I'll let you guys get back to your love fest. No more posts here for me.

it's not so much that batman got stronger than bane, he just learned that the mask was his weakness and attacked it. Makes sense to me.
post #2025 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post

it's not so much that batman got stronger than bane, he just learned that the mask was his weakness and attacked it. Makes sense to me.

He was at least as strong as before the beating. Plus you dismiss the important part, he was a cripple even before he was brutally beaten, but a few push ups on a starvation diet and magically he can escape from the inescapable. He makes Rocky Balboa seem like a piker.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)