or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread) - Page 134

post #1996 of 2412
Seriously, has no one watched that Waits video? Its literally the EXACT VOICE that Ledger used for the Joker. Fucking remarkable.
post #1997 of 2412
Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ledger used him, in part, for inspiration for his Joker.
post #1998 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight View Post

that's the problem, you go in there expecting/wanting to see the batman character you read about in the comics. i guess because i never read the comics, i don't sit there trying to compare the two. i can just enjoy the movie on its own.

That may be true, but it doesn't account for the gaping plot holes, and pathetic fight scenes amongst other things.
post #1999 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

The internet with all the angry rotten tomato wanna-be people who act like they are too good for everything. Sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

A-freaking-men.

Yes, how dare people not like a movie that you like.
post #2000 of 2412
I enjoyed the main fight scene between Batman and Bane. As for plot holes, sure there were a few that could have been cleaned up, but they didn't take away from the overal enjoyment of the film.
post #2001 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Seriously, has no one watched that Waits video? Its literally the EXACT VOICE that Ledger used for the Joker. Fucking remarkable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ledger used him, in part, for inspiration for his Joker.

Possibly, but that interview was made in the same year as Ledger was born.
post #2002 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Yes, how dare people not like a movie that you like.

That's not what we are really saying...
post #2003 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

As an avid comic reader and Batman fan, I am surprised few seem to have picked up on the one area of the character's personality that Nolan's films changes for the sake of telling the story he wanted. Probably one of the most important of Batman's personality.
Hint: Dark Knight Returns did the same.

You mean that he refuses to kill or that he only intended to be Batman temporarily?
post #2004 of 2412
Him never falling for a love interest?
post #2005 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

I enjoyed the main fight scene between Batman and Bane. As for plot holes, sure there were a few that could have been cleaned up, but they didn't take away from the overal enjoyment of the film.

A few? The whole thing was a giant plot hole.

A particular favourite of mine was the mass of cops all rushing the bad guys headquarters like they were going over the trenches in WWI ready to be mowed down by the massive firepower arrayed there, ludicrous. And what 3 of them got shot? All those batmobiles must have been programmed to miss.

I thought the fight scene was pretty bad 1960 cowboy TV show bar fight bad, and even if it was awesome wouldn't have made up for the rest of the awfulness.

Anyway I'm glad you enjoyed it.
post #2006 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

That's not what we are really saying...

I know that's not what you are saying, but it is exactly what gort and El Argentino are saying.

You enjoyed the movie, I'm pretty sure you don't think it was fantastic, others did. I hated it so what we all have different opinions. It's got nothing to do with being an internet wanna be anything.

Also I'm not nit-picking. My criticisms of Batman Begins and TDK are nit-picks of pretty good movies. The latest one blows.
post #2007 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

A few? The whole thing was a giant plot hole.
A particular favourite of mine was the mass of cops all rushing the bad guys headquarters like they were going over the trenches in WWI ready to be mowed down by the massive firepower arrayed there, ludicrous. And what 3 of them got shot? All those batmobiles must have been programmed to miss.
I thought the fight scene was pretty bad 1960 cowboy TV show bar fight bad, and even if it was awesome wouldn't have made up for the rest of the awfulness.
Anyway I'm glad you enjoyed it.

batman destroyed the guns on the batmobiles with the bat right before they charged. and there were like 3000 cops i think they said. they never said how many cops were killed. and the army/marines/national guard/whatever was there ready to move in on the bad guys as soon as the bomb threat was over. anyways, that part doesn't matter at all because it had nothing to do with how the two main villains were defeated, or how the bomb was disposed of. it was just a sideshow. nothing major.
post #2008 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Yes, how dare people not like a movie that you like.

My problem more is you being so blowhardy to say things like you would have gotten up out of your seat and walked out had you not been with friends. Seriously? I really doubt you would have done that, but if you would, well, I don't know what to say. I don't mind people disliking a movie I loved but the smugness is annoying.

FWIW, I didn't really like the Avengers at all, so I posted in that thread maybe twice. I didn't hate it and certainly would never claim I almost left the theater early but I was fairly bored watching it.
post #2009 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight View Post

batman destroyed the guns on the batmobiles with the bat right before they charged. and there were like 3000 cops i think they said. anyways, that part doesn't matter at all because it had nothing to do with how the two main villains were defeated. it was just a sideshow.

Just one minor example of the retardedness. Even if the batmobiles didn't have guns the bad guys were heavily armed. Option A: regroup discover the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition formulate a plan; Option B charge a heavily defended position en masse. Yeah Option B sounds like a winner. Also why didn't the bad guys just kill all the cops in the first place, Ohhhhh even better why didn't she just blow up the freaking bomb as soon as she had it! facepalm.gif

The main villains were defeated through luck and brute force.
post #2010 of 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

My problem more is you being so blowhardy to say things like you would have gotten up out of your seat and walked out had you not been with friends. Seriously? I really doubt you would have done that, but if you would, well, I don't know what to say. I don't mind people disliking a movie I loved but the smugness is annoying.
FWIW, I didn't really like the Avengers at all, so I posted in that thread maybe twice. I didn't hate it and certainly would never claim I almost left the theater early but I was fairly bored watching it.

I considered doing it anyway. I've walked out of movies before rather than waste my time, walked out of Mission Impossible 2.

Why didn't you post in the Avengers thread? I haven't read it because the movie hasn't come out in Japan yet but movie threads are much more interesting with a diverse array of opinions. Better than a love fest that peters out after a page or two.

p.s. TDKR blew chunks. It was worse than Green Lantern.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)