Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:12 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tux and Bow Tie vs. The Dark Suit and Straight Tie at Black-Tie Events. The WSJ weighs in Last post on 10/5/11 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new navy blazer from WW Chan Last post on 11/23/14 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new custom jacket Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
best suit movie / suit movies top 10? - Page 7
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 1292/18/11 at 12:39pmQuote:Lazenby's kilt was worn as Sir Hillary Bray, not Bond, so it doesn't count. Lazenby had some of the nicest suits of the series. He took the simple Bond aesthetic established by Connery and made it more rakish. Roger Moore never wore suits with a low gorge, not even in the 80s. Except for The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker he had some very nice suits. Dalton had okay suits in The Living Daylights that fit well with the traditional Bond aesthetic, though they didn't fit as well as they should've. Licence to Kill was the worst Bond film of all for clothes. Brosnan's had some really nice clothes but too Italian for Bond. In GoldenEye his shirts were from Sulka, not T&A. Brosnan had a really nice dinner suit in TND with a 5-button DB waistcoat. I think the best Bond movie for suits is Dr. No. It was still classic, none of that slim 60s lapels and ties yet.
Goldfinger surely loses points for the blue, towling all-in-one short/shirt poolside attire. 'Shocking' as Shir Sean should have shaid.
First couple have him in hats too though I think they're gone by Goldfinger, aren't they?post #93 of 1292/18/11 at 12:52pmpost #94 of 12911/15/11 at 9:34pmpost #95 of 12911/15/11 at 9:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by ELG
Warning: 007! (Click to show)
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of this one, but I live in eternal envy of his tux in Thunderball.post #96 of 12911/30/11 at 2:37pmpost #97 of 12911/30/11 at 3:00pmpost #98 of 12911/30/11 at 4:57pmpost #99 of 12911/30/11 at 4:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Matt SQuote:
Thanks for the info. Glad to learn new things. Yet I still believe Moore had a suit that had somewhat wide and low-gorged lapel by today's and his shirt had much too big collar.
Do you mean this kind of lapel:
The classic gorge height is lower than what is the standard at the moment. In the next few years it will surely go down again. The gorge is naturally going to be lower since the lapels are wider. Sadly, this is what Roger Moore is remembered by, not the more elegant suits in his earlier and later Bond films.
That sport coat looks awesome.post #100 of 12911/30/11 at 5:09pmpost #101 of 12911/30/11 at 7:44pmpost #102 of 12911/30/11 at 9:23pmpost #103 of 12912/1/11 at 4:03pmpost #104 of 12912/2/11 at 2:37pm
Yes, also The Dark Knight also had some great suits in it. Another movie I would recommend is "Margin Call" it has some sharp suits in it as well; it's also a pretty interesting film. The film "Match Point" is another great film, which also has many great scenes with nice clothing as well as suits.post #105 of 1291/30/12 at 3:19pm+1 on Margin Call. Also, a good movie.
Recently watched the recent OSS 117 movies with Jean Dujardin and he has some good looking suits. He actually makes the 3 button look very good, and I'm generally not a fan. Kind of a Mad Man minimal aesthetic going back to the basics with regard to colors, patterns, shirt/tie combos.
- best suit movie / suit movies top 10?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 5 minutes ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › Iron Heart 555-03 Tag Size 30 (waist 32.5", inseam 32") 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...