Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 4:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tux and Bow Tie vs. The Dark Suit and Straight Tie at Black-Tie Events. The WSJ weighs in Last post on 10/5/11 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new navy blazer from WW Chan Last post on 11/23/14 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: Yesterday
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
best suit movie / suit movies top 10? - Page 7
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 1322/18/11 at 12:39pmQuote:Lazenby's kilt was worn as Sir Hillary Bray, not Bond, so it doesn't count. Lazenby had some of the nicest suits of the series. He took the simple Bond aesthetic established by Connery and made it more rakish. Roger Moore never wore suits with a low gorge, not even in the 80s. Except for The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker he had some very nice suits. Dalton had okay suits in The Living Daylights that fit well with the traditional Bond aesthetic, though they didn't fit as well as they should've. Licence to Kill was the worst Bond film of all for clothes. Brosnan's had some really nice clothes but too Italian for Bond. In GoldenEye his shirts were from Sulka, not T&A. Brosnan had a really nice dinner suit in TND with a 5-button DB waistcoat. I think the best Bond movie for suits is Dr. No. It was still classic, none of that slim 60s lapels and ties yet.
Goldfinger surely loses points for the blue, towling all-in-one short/shirt poolside attire. 'Shocking' as Shir Sean should have shaid.
First couple have him in hats too though I think they're gone by Goldfinger, aren't they?post #93 of 1322/18/11 at 12:52pmpost #94 of 13211/15/11 at 9:34pmpost #95 of 13211/15/11 at 9:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by ELG
Warning: 007! (Click to show)
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of this one, but I live in eternal envy of his tux in Thunderball.post #96 of 13211/30/11 at 2:37pmpost #97 of 13211/30/11 at 3:00pmpost #98 of 13211/30/11 at 4:57pmpost #99 of 13211/30/11 at 4:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Matt SQuote:
Thanks for the info. Glad to learn new things. Yet I still believe Moore had a suit that had somewhat wide and low-gorged lapel by today's and his shirt had much too big collar.
Do you mean this kind of lapel:
The classic gorge height is lower than what is the standard at the moment. In the next few years it will surely go down again. The gorge is naturally going to be lower since the lapels are wider. Sadly, this is what Roger Moore is remembered by, not the more elegant suits in his earlier and later Bond films.
That sport coat looks awesome.post #100 of 13211/30/11 at 5:09pmpost #101 of 13211/30/11 at 7:44pmpost #102 of 13211/30/11 at 9:23pmpost #103 of 13212/1/11 at 4:03pmpost #104 of 13212/2/11 at 2:37pm
Yes, also The Dark Knight also had some great suits in it. Another movie I would recommend is "Margin Call" it has some sharp suits in it as well; it's also a pretty interesting film. The film "Match Point" is another great film, which also has many great scenes with nice clothing as well as suits.post #105 of 1321/30/12 at 3:19pm+1 on Margin Call. Also, a good movie.
Recently watched the recent OSS 117 movies with Jean Dujardin and he has some good looking suits. He actually makes the 3 button look very good, and I'm generally not a fan. Kind of a Mad Man minimal aesthetic going back to the basics with regard to colors, patterns, shirt/tie combos.
- best suit movie / suit movies top 10?
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Gianfranco Ferre Ties 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...