Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tux and Bow Tie vs. The Dark Suit and Straight Tie at Black-Tie Events. The WSJ weighs in Last post on 10/5/11 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new navy blazer from WW Chan Last post on 11/23/14 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
best suit movie / suit movies top 10? - Page 7
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 1292/18/11 at 12:39pmQuote:Lazenby's kilt was worn as Sir Hillary Bray, not Bond, so it doesn't count. Lazenby had some of the nicest suits of the series. He took the simple Bond aesthetic established by Connery and made it more rakish. Roger Moore never wore suits with a low gorge, not even in the 80s. Except for The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker he had some very nice suits. Dalton had okay suits in The Living Daylights that fit well with the traditional Bond aesthetic, though they didn't fit as well as they should've. Licence to Kill was the worst Bond film of all for clothes. Brosnan's had some really nice clothes but too Italian for Bond. In GoldenEye his shirts were from Sulka, not T&A. Brosnan had a really nice dinner suit in TND with a 5-button DB waistcoat. I think the best Bond movie for suits is Dr. No. It was still classic, none of that slim 60s lapels and ties yet.
Goldfinger surely loses points for the blue, towling all-in-one short/shirt poolside attire. 'Shocking' as Shir Sean should have shaid.
First couple have him in hats too though I think they're gone by Goldfinger, aren't they?post #93 of 1292/18/11 at 12:52pmpost #94 of 12911/15/11 at 9:34pmpost #95 of 12911/15/11 at 9:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by ELG
Warning: 007! (Click to show)
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of this one, but I live in eternal envy of his tux in Thunderball.post #96 of 12911/30/11 at 2:37pmpost #97 of 12911/30/11 at 3:00pmpost #98 of 12911/30/11 at 4:57pmpost #99 of 12911/30/11 at 4:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Matt SQuote:
Thanks for the info. Glad to learn new things. Yet I still believe Moore had a suit that had somewhat wide and low-gorged lapel by today's and his shirt had much too big collar.
Do you mean this kind of lapel:
The classic gorge height is lower than what is the standard at the moment. In the next few years it will surely go down again. The gorge is naturally going to be lower since the lapels are wider. Sadly, this is what Roger Moore is remembered by, not the more elegant suits in his earlier and later Bond films.
That sport coat looks awesome.post #100 of 12911/30/11 at 5:09pmpost #101 of 12911/30/11 at 7:44pmpost #102 of 12911/30/11 at 9:23pmpost #103 of 12912/1/11 at 4:03pmpost #104 of 12912/2/11 at 2:37pm
Yes, also The Dark Knight also had some great suits in it. Another movie I would recommend is "Margin Call" it has some sharp suits in it as well; it's also a pretty interesting film. The film "Match Point" is another great film, which also has many great scenes with nice clothing as well as suits.post #105 of 1291/30/12 at 3:19pm+1 on Margin Call. Also, a good movie.
Recently watched the recent OSS 117 movies with Jean Dujardin and he has some good looking suits. He actually makes the 3 button look very good, and I'm generally not a fan. Kind of a Mad Man minimal aesthetic going back to the basics with regard to colors, patterns, shirt/tie combos.
- best suit movie / suit movies top 10?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 9 minutes ago
- › Vanda, Borrelli, EG Cappelli neckties 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › NWT Coppley Croydon Sport Coat Sz 44T 24 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Lee Sportswear Union Made Check Flannel Shirt 43 minutes ago
- › two nice medium sweaters Brooks brothers and LL Bean 44 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 46 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 50 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015