or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I Just got Back from Israel; Still an atheist though now basically a Republican
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Just got Back from Israel; Still an atheist though now basically a Republican

post #1 of 118
Thread Starter 
That is all.
post #2 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician View Post
That is all.

lol, birthright.
post #3 of 118
i told you it was all indoctrination
post #4 of 118
Okay, but did you sechs teh 19 yo JAPs?
post #5 of 118
Did you keep it, the kosher?
post #6 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahanshah View Post
i told you it was all indoctrination

someone should tell the birthright people about shibbel. they could ax the entire program and send everyone to CE
post #7 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by mharwitt View Post
someone should tell the birthright people about shibbel. they could ax the entire program and send everyone to CE

just sent email to my friend the director. expect immediate recourse.
post #8 of 118
If Socialism didn't work out for Israel, who could it work for? Aren't they the perfect candidate?
post #9 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post
If Socialism didn't work out for Israel, who could it work for? Aren't they the perfect candidate?
What makes you say that
post #10 of 118
They're a small, homogeneous, interdependent culture bound by an important political conviction (Israel's survival) that accommodates an attitude of collectivism and welfare.
post #11 of 118
how is israel homogenous
post #12 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post
They're a small, homogeneous, interdependent culture bound by an important political conviction (Israel's survival) that accommodates an attitude of collectivism and welfare.
I don't think this is correct.
post #13 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahanshah View Post
how is israel homogenous
post #14 of 118
Discounting the large Arab population, you overlooked the significant tension between the various Jewish communities inside Israel. Also the fact that state survival does not depend on collectivism (as evidenced by hundreds of other extant states) might tip you off that your analysis is a bit facile.
post #15 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartmann View Post
Discounting the large Arab population, you overlooked the significant tension between the various Jewish communities inside Israel. Also the fact that state survival does not depend on collectivism (as evidenced by hundreds of other extant states) might tip you off that your analysis is a bit facile.
About 3/4 of Israel is Jewish, which is far more homogeneous than most economically advanced countries. Add to the fact the level of persecution that religion has faced for the last 100 years and it's easy to see why Jewish heritage is more politically significant to Israel than religion is to most other countries with similar homogeneity. And I didn't say they were dependent on collectivism, but rather those cultural bonds strengthen a desire for collectivism at the expense of individualism. Israel is close to being the ideal Socialist state, based on everything we know about the nature of similarity and its effects on interdependence.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I Just got Back from Israel; Still an atheist though now basically a Republican