or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › This UWS duplex comes with 2,500 books!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

This UWS duplex comes with 2,500 books! - Page 2

post #16 of 50
Quote:


That's where the tv is hidden, in the middle, right? It looks like the point of the room is to sit in there, get drunk watching tv and ignore the books. Pretty sad...
post #17 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by arced View Post
That's where the tv is hidden, in the middle, right? It looks like the point of the room is to sit in there, get drunk watching tv and ignore the books. Pretty sad...
Is there something wrong with being drunk while watching tv in the library?
post #18 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouttsClient View Post
Is there something wrong with being drunk while watching tv in the library?

Nothing wrong with it if it's your library, but if that's the point of the room, you might as well have it fit that function. The room seems to have no function. The books are, of course, decorative (noone buys a room with a preset library and then proceeds to read through it). So then, it's just booze, some chairs, and a tv set. I think one could come up with something a bit more comfortable if the pretension of the books were dropped.
post #19 of 50
Gross.
post #20 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post
Gross.

+1
post #21 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
+1

Yeah, I wouldn't mind the apartment, but I'd have to do a TON of work to the space. Therefore not worth the asking price by far.
post #22 of 50
I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the spines aren't even cracked. Makes sense if they're rare books, but more likely the owner just wants to appear well read.
post #23 of 50
think of all the tvs you could put around that place.
post #24 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmmk View Post
I don't see the appeal. Books are for reading.

Not if you are a Nazi.
post #25 of 50
Fugly. The woodwork is totally unimpressive. I'd gut the shit out of the place and start anew. Plus, I'm not a big fan of the UWS.
post #26 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post
I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the spines aren't even cracked. Makes sense if they're rare books, but more likely the owner just wants to appear well read.

I have a feeling the owners purchased those books 'by the foot.'
post #27 of 50
That's also how I buy my fruit.
post #28 of 50
I like how they've placed paintings in front of the bookshelves.
post #29 of 50
Thats my kinda place. Fuck that minimalist crap. HAHA
post #30 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidko19 View Post
think of all the tvs you could put around that place.

LOL! Make sure they are all LEDs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › This UWS duplex comes with 2,500 books!