or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing - Page 65

post #961 of 1368
is there a navy blue 60/30 chino?
post #962 of 1368

Looks like they made it in spring 2012: http://www.freshnessmag.com/2012/03/13/outlier-6030-chino-pants/

post #963 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by centrix View Post

is there a navy blue 60/30 chino?

I have a pair of Navy I ordered in April 2013...they should be coming out with a few more colors soon (EG: the blacktint green). Hit them up via Twitter or email. They might let you know if it is coming in ASAP but more likely "Not now but possibly in the future..." Frustrating perhaps but I think the production is low enough that they really carefully consider every re-up.
post #964 of 1368
That's pretty disappointing. I would have loved a pair of those.
post #965 of 1368

FIrst time poster, occasional lurker......thought I would comment on the recent New OGs I just picked up.  They seem to be a much more roomy thigh to leg opening cut than last season's which I also have.  The Navy even more so than the Charcoal.  Feel like I can only wear them with boots.  Waist seems to be about the same.

post #966 of 1368
^thanks, guess I'll be getting more nomads then
post #967 of 1368

^ don't disagree.  I wish Proof would have a more regularly stocking procedure.  I like the fit of their Nomads alot and would be my go-to had I been able to grab more than just the Pine and True Grays.  Kicking myself for not grabbing the Ash Blues, but I had some Outlier Navy Lightweights which BTW, I also think fit great compared to the New OGs.

post #968 of 1368
Can anyone compare the quality of manufacturing and materials of Proof to Outlier to Mission Workshop? And any others in this technical game. I like my Outliers, but curious how the others stack up.
post #969 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixer22 View Post

^ don't disagree.  I wish Proof would have a more regularly stocking procedure.  I like the fit of their Nomads alot and would be my go-to had I been able to grab more than just the Pine and True Grays.  Kicking myself for not grabbing the Ash Blues, but I had some Outlier Navy Lightweights which BTW, I also think fit great compared to the New OGs.
same here, bought true gray and pine, love the pine btw tone is soo versatile, but already had navy og's, amongst others, so passed on the ash blue, if anything I wish proof had more color options for the nomads
can you share more on the outlier lightweight fit vs og or nomad? I've yet to try those
Quote:
Originally Posted by velobran View Post

Can anyone compare the quality of manufacturing and materials of Proof to Outlier to Mission Workshop? And any others in this technical game. I like my Outliers, but curious how the others stack up.
no exp with mission but the nomad is pretty much the exact same item as the og, same style, same fabric, save for better stitching and a slimmer top block on the nomad
Edited by canstyleace - 1/14/14 at 10:56am
post #970 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post



same here, bought true gray and pine, love the pine btw tone is soo versatile, but already had navy og's, amongst others, so passed on the ash blue, if anything I wish proof had more color options for the nomads

can you share more on the outlier lightweight fit vs og or nomad? I've yet to try those



no exp with mission but the nomad is pretty much that exact same item as the og, save for better stitching and a slimmer top block

 



I echo the sentiment on Proof's items. Quality is on par with Outlier's and perhaps better. I've had several issues with a few Outlier pieces made with the OG material (Schoeller 4-season). Stitching has come undone on both a pair of New OG's and 3-ways. I've also had several buttons pop off these items (and no I'm not wearing a size too small ha... have room to spare on the waist).

I only have a couple of Mission Workshop pieces (Torre, Zurich), but both items blew me away in the quality and how well constructed they seemed to be. Whomever MW is using on the west coast to make their apparel is money. Small sample size, but early returns are that MW is tops among the three in terms of construction quality. Odd that their primary business is bags... although they are venturing hardcore into apparel.
post #971 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by velobran View Post

Can anyone compare the quality of manufacturing and materials of Proof to Outlier to Mission Workshop? And any others in this technical game. I like my Outliers, but curious how the others stack up.


Only experience I have with Mission is with some shorts I got.  I wasn't crazy about them.  The rise didn't suit me....very snug

post #972 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxryan View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post



same here, bought true gray and pine, love the pine btw tone is soo versatile, but already had navy og's, amongst others, so passed on the ash blue, if anything I wish proof had more color options for the nomads

can you share more on the outlier lightweight fit vs og or nomad? I've yet to try those



no exp with mission but the nomad is pretty much that exact same item as the og, save for better stitching and a slimmer top block

 

Stitching has come undone on both a pair of New OG's and 3-ways. I've also had several buttons pop off these items (and no I'm not wearing a size too small ha... have room to spare on the waist).
 

Glad I am not the only one.  I love Outlier, don't get me wrong, but their buttons are not sewn very well.  I have had more than one waist button need to be re-sewn on both the OGs and Lights.

post #973 of 1368

The Outlier Lights have a more tailored top block IMO compared to the OGs.  Similar to the Nomads, but I would say the Nomads are a little slimmer.  I'm not a tiny guy and I wear the same size in Outlier and Proof.

post #974 of 1368
lol at the "ultramerinosuede" outlier acting like they created something new. So pathetic. The pricing on the tees is hilarious. What a joke of a company
post #975 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade View Post

lol at the "ultramerinosuede" outlier acting like they created something new. So pathetic. The pricing on the tees is hilarious. What a joke of a company

Haven't pulled the trigger on anything Outlier yet but I'm starting to lean towards this direction... All of the ultramerinosuede products have a ridiculous price tag. $225 for a pair of beater shorts? So many people buy their products immediately at these prices though it's crazy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing