or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Fred Phelps ; God hates the homos
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fred Phelps ; God hates the homos

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
How can a religious leader be a hater? I am a rightwinger but dont hate anyone. Perhaps I am too european. Who's him? Almost all the priest of my area are already homos... what a contrast. http://www.elplural.com/noticiasred/detail.php?id=54671
post #2 of 18
post #3 of 18
He somehow missed God's message. God is a homosexual and hates Fred ... big time.
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia View Post
How can a religious leader be a hater? I am a rightwinger but dont hate anyone. Perhaps I am too european. Who's him?

Almost all the priest of my area are already homos... what a contrast.

http://www.elplural.com/noticiasred/detail.php?id=54671

Except Socialists.
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBrown85 View Post
Except Socialists.

post #6 of 18
Theologically unsound, to say the least....Christ makes hundreds of statement on the virtues of humility, charity, and love; makes none on homsexuality. Why the hell is all the focus on teh gheys?

I'm usually not one that believes homophobes are closeted gays, but Phelps may be the exception.
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia View Post
How can a religious leader be a hater?

Calling Phelps a "religious leader" is like calling Jim Jones a "Democratic leader". He leads a congregation of maybe six people if you exclude his inbred-ass family.
post #8 of 18
Youtube 'The Most Hated Family in America'. Reporter Louis Theroux lives with them for a week and hijinx ensue. It's a fascinating program.
post #9 of 18
Louis Theroux is great.

Guys like Fred Phelps are the peope who drive me away from Christianity every time i get interested in spirituality again.

Quote:
The concept of God in America is very different than it is in England. Because we see the horrendous outcome of religion as being an American thing, in which the name of God has been hijacked by a gang of psychopaths and bullies and homophobes, and the name of God has been used for their own twisted agendas. So that if you mention God, or a belief in God, in England, it's almost automatically associated with that kind of thinking. Religion's gotten a really bad name.
post #10 of 18
you know he has a supreme court case being decided right now and about $2million hangs in the balance. this guy won't be around long.
post #11 of 18
Phelps was a somewhat famous civil rights attorney in Kansas. He desegregated Topeka (or, Topeka public schools).

He is also an extreme Calvanist.
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut View Post
you know he has a supreme court case being decided right now and about $2million hangs in the balance. this guy won't be around long.

Why won't he be around long? Even if the church loses, which it shouldn't, he's not going anywhere. They won't throw him in prison for not having the money to pay a civil judgment.
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
Why won't he be around long? Even if the church loses, which it shouldn't, he's not going anywhere. They won't throw him in prison for not having the money to pay a civil judgment.
no i didn't mean that he's going to go to prison or anything like that, but the guy is something like 85 years old, everyone is going to start suing this guy if he loses this case, and at some point some redneck is going to snap and kill all of them at one of these protests.
post #14 of 18
Fred Phelps is the troll messiah.
post #15 of 18
Wasn't he the Democratic nominee for senate about ten years ago?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Fred Phelps ; God hates the homos