Originally Posted by Whacky
Getting some pics together for the forums here.
However, Initial impressions of my Natural Chromexcel Bounty Hunters:
- Compared to my single leather sole, brown Semi-Dress, these boots are noticeable heavier.
- Equally as well made as any custom White's Boots you can own.
- I do not really notice too much a difference in comfort between my Semi Dress with the block heel that is lowered 1/4, compared to the full size cuban heel. Both are/were incredibly comfortable out of the box.
- The Natural Chromexcel leather is rich, oily, and smells wonderful. I will not be treating this leather. At least not initially. It has too much natural depth, and I am excited to see what natural patina it develops. It appears very solid, yet supple. However, I did have my boots lined with a cream leather liner for fear the chromexcel would stretch, etc.
- The height difference between the Bounty Hunter and the Semi Dress is noticeable during everyday wear. My particular Semi Dress with the single leather sole feel more like a casual boot and the Bounty Hunters with the Vibram 269 obviously feel more like a working boot.
I really enjoy the casual style of my SD boots, but wanted to try something different
I realize I have only had the boots for one day, but I almost wish I would have just custom made another pair of Semi Dress boots. Not entirely sure I needed the added height, and tighter laces, added weight.
Plus, I had them made with the Vibram 269 sole as a compromise to get a full rubber sole, but without the bulk of the other Vibram offerings.
I had a lot of debate about the sole considering I already own a single sole pair of Semi Dress, of which I enjoy the casual look/feel.
We'll see how I end up liking the 269 sole in the long run.
So, summarizing the initial impressions:
Pros: Beautiful leather. Uncompromising craftsmanship, intimately comfortable out of the box, flawless fit.
Cons: Heavier, bigger, taller than the SD. Less casual appearance and overall feel.
TBD: Leather sole vs Vibram 269, chromexcel leather stretch, fit, and patina over time.
I promise to get some pictures up as soon as I can.